Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I've been shopping around for the best deal on Logic Studio 8. I can't see myself spending $500 + tax at the Apple Store. I found this one site that is selling it for $405 with free shipping and no tax. $100 off almost sounds too good to be true. I thought for a minute that maybe it was the academic version, but the part number is MA797LL-A. So it looks like the full retail version.

What do you guys think. Looks good?
Check it out:
http://www.avalive.com/Apple/MA797LL-A/43085/productDetail.php

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Guides: Hardware: Buying online - is this company legit?

Potential problems

The domain information is stealthed. The domain is hosted at GoDaddy and was established in 2000. But there is no ownership information.

There is no easily accessible street address on the website

The Comodo Secure site logo is non-functional.

OTOH, the company is listed as an authorized vendor of a number of different AV hardware and software manufacturers, and there are no obvious red flags in the first three Google pages of hits.

headfuzz

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2007
Brighton, UK
Bloody typical - Apple's UK store is still selling at £319 ($632 USD) :mad:

Oh well, Digital Village have been selling it for £275 ($545 USD) for a week or so now, so at least that's more on par with the US store's pricing. Maybe the UK store will drop to match in a few days...

That said I still don't understand the argument that says on this side of the pond we have to pay an additional £71 ($140 USD) for the same product because we speak with a different accent.

It's racist discrimination by any other name, Steve. :mad:

cschreppel

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2006
Boston, MA
I don't know, with an academic affiliation, I can get Logic Pro 8 for $125. I'd just pay $125 for the Academic version again when 9 would come out...cheaper than upgrading the old fashioned way.

Then again, I guess you need to have a consistent academic affiliation.

cassnate6259

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2008
Woah.. wait.. Logic pro 8 for $125?

I thought you could only get the academic version logic Studio for $449

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.