PDA

View Full Version : Can't add artwork to certain tracks

Hls811
May 30, 2008, 02:21 PM
I jsut noticed that about 300 of my songs have lost their artwork at some point over the last few days. Over the weekend I converted all of my ID3 tags to version 2.4 (though iTunes) so it might have happened then although I didn't notice right away.

Anyway - some of the tracks allowed me to re-add the artwork, but theres 300 remaining that won't accept it. It doesn't give me an error or anything, I copy/paste the artwork on the Artwork tab, click 'OK' and it goes, but if I go back in - its not there. I also tried to click 'add..' and find the file on the desktop and tried drag/drop - nothing works.

If I do 'Get Album Artwork' it seems to find it, although if i find it for one song and then try to copy/paste it to another, it won't take.

I can edit the tracks in other ways (any of the ID tag info), so I don't think the file permissions are locked or anything, but I don't know..

I've searched on here but haven't seen this issue. (I saw similar issues but in those cases drag/drop seemed to work)

Hls811
May 30, 2008, 02:54 PM
I went through the 300 songs manually and tried them again - and some of them took.. now there are 80 files that just won't take the artwork no matter what I try.