PDA

View Full Version : New Evanescence Song/Video


Nermal
Nov 27, 2003, 01:58 AM
Evanescence have just released a new song, "My Immortal". Choose your poison: RealVideo (http://cdnd.winduprecords.com/evanescence/video/immortalvid_lrgstrm.rm) or Windows Media Video (http://cdnd.winduprecords.com/evanescence/video/immortalvid_lrgstrm.wmv).

The song's a lot different from their previous singles, it's soft and slow. The video is a good match, in black and white.

BTW, those videos are HTTP progressive, so you can download to your HD if you like :)

SeaFox
Nov 27, 2003, 11:24 AM
It's not a new song. It appeared on the soundtrack for the movie Daredevil last year.

I agree it is pretty good though.

Nermal
Nov 27, 2003, 02:48 PM
Yeah, and it's also on their album, but they just released the video, and made it into a single. It's actually a bit different from the album version, I don't know about on the Daredevil soundtrack.

scem0
Nov 30, 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Nermal
Yeah, and it's also on their album, but they just released the video, and made it into a single. It's actually a bit different from the album version, I don't know about on the Daredevil soundtrack.

Yeah the new version sucks!

They RUINED the perfectly fine softcore piano version by adding all this hardcore guitar ****!

It totally ruined the song. God, at least I have the album version so I don't have to listen that that ****.

WHY!?!?! Why!?!?!?!

Okay, I don't feel that strongly about it :).

scem0

manitoubalck
Nov 30, 2003, 04:58 PM
Good band, but they have real trouble preforming live, the Lead vocal is always Flat. Case in point: The AMA this year.

Nermal
Nov 30, 2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by scem0
Yeah the new version sucks!

They RUINED the perfectly fine softcore piano version by adding all this hardcore guitar ****!

It totally ruined the song. God, at least I have the album version so I don't have to listen that that ****.

WHY!?!?! Why!?!?!?!

Okay, I don't feel that strongly about it :).

scem0

Apparently they tried it with guitars while performing live, and found that people liked it. I know what you mean though, I prefer the album version too.

scem0
Nov 30, 2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by manitoubalck
Good band, but they have real trouble preforming live, the Lead vocal is always Flat. Case in point: The AMA this year.

Yeah, I don't like them live at all.

She just plain can't sing while trying to jump around the stage like Britney Spears on prozac.

Well, even when she doesnt jump around she sounds bad.

She sounds beautiful on the album though, which is good enough for me.

scem0

manitoubalck
Dec 2, 2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by scem0
Yeah, I don't like them live at all.

She sounds beautiful on the album though, which is good enough for me.

Agreed, though it makes you wonder how many of today's "artists" can actually be called music artists.

bennetsaysargh
Dec 10, 2003, 04:33 PM
i love evanescence!!
i think i followed someone's signature very late last year to the evanescence site and i fell in love!

i really like my immortal. it's my favorite song on the whole album. i am now almost as big of an evanescence fan as i am a no doubt fan;)
(i am one of the biggest no doubt fans:D mainly older stuff, like with sublime and beacon street collection.)

wow, i'm sorry for getting a little more off topic than i should. kinda funny how evanescence and no doubt are my 2 favorite bands, and they are in almost no ways similar, except for a founding member leaving the band and a female singer. :p

Gymnut
Dec 12, 2003, 02:55 PM
I especially love how it's quiet and melodic for the first half of the song then eventually builds up into a guiltar ballad. Almost as if the first half is a dream like unconscious state and then eventually awakes.

bennetsaysargh
Dec 12, 2003, 05:27 PM
i really like that analogy. it totally represents the song and some other songs on the album.

rogueimage
Dec 12, 2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by scem0
Yeah, I don't like them live at all.

She just plain can't sing while trying to jump around the stage like Britney Spears on prozac.

Well, even when she doesnt jump around she sounds bad.

She sounds beautiful on the album though, which is good enough for me.

scem0

I think that singers often hit the wrong notes when singing live because they can't hear themselves over the band. Yes, that's what monitor speakers are for, but it's still damn hard to hear oneself at a rock concert. Amy Lee was in all-state choir in high school. No, that's not the same as graduating from someplace like Chapman, but one must be a fairly good singer to make the cut.

Gymnut
Dec 12, 2003, 08:51 PM
In general I like Evanescence but the radios down here need to pull the plug on "Bring me to life". Cannot believe some people are still requesting this song nor can I believe radios are still giving it the amount of airtime that it has been given.

vniow
Dec 13, 2003, 01:14 AM
Hmm...let me put this on my "band that suck less now" list...

scem0
Dec 13, 2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by rogueimage
I think that singers often hit the wrong notes when singing live because they can't hear themselves over the band. Yes, that's what monitor speakers are for, but it's still damn hard to hear oneself at a rock concert. Amy Lee was in all-state choir in high school. No, that's not the same as graduating from someplace like Chapman, but one must be a fairly good singer to make the cut.

She should wear earplugs. Stick your finger in your ear and sing (preferably) a higher note. You can hear yourself a lot better.

Notice how Mariah Carey always sticks a finger in her ear when singing high notes during performances.

Thats my recommendation for Amy Lee.

scem0

manitoubalck
Dec 13, 2003, 08:33 PM
Problem: When she preforms live she is Flat.

Solution: De-tune the guitar, bass and keys. (drums don't really matter.) As long as the are intune with themselves it doesn't matter if an 'E' is really and 'E' flat.

Solution 2: don't try so hard, eg: Simon and Garfunkel @ the Emmies this year.

Solution 3: Sing in tune, by raising her pitch.

thegeek187
Dec 14, 2003, 12:59 PM
evenescence is horrible....

music just keeps getting worse and worse year after year

bennetsaysargh
Dec 14, 2003, 06:26 PM
you're just saying that because i like evanescence.

i know they're not perfect, but there's no reason to say that.

stop it.

SeaFox
Dec 14, 2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
you're just saying that because i like evanescence.

i know they're not perfect, but there's no reason to say that.

stop it.

Wow, talk about being full of yourself. :rolleyes:

bennetsaysargh
Dec 15, 2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by SeaFox
Wow, talk about being full of yourself. :rolleyes:

I am sorry.
I forgot to mention he was my brother, and he always hates everything I like just because he thinks it's gothic.

Sorry again.

thegeek187
Dec 15, 2003, 11:11 AM
whos your brother?

why wold i want to be your brother?

they are really bad band plane and simple

g30ffr3y
Dec 19, 2003, 04:12 PM
they are a totally good band!!! WTF... if you think the album is gothic, try the stuff before the fallen album... that was some cool and odd electronic stuff... even bring me to life used to be better than the spoiled radio [c]rap infused nonsense thats on the radio...

scem0
Dec 20, 2003, 12:43 AM
Their old stuff is weird. I prefer more vocal music so I don't really like their origins CD as much. But it is interesting, none-the-less.

scem0

Gymnut
Dec 23, 2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
I am sorry.
I forgot to mention he was my brother, and he always hates everything I like just because he thinks it's gothic.

Sorry again.

lol, what'd he do to be "was my brother"?

bennetsaysargh
Dec 23, 2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Gymnut
lol, what'd he do to be "was my brother"?
lol. he still is. anyway, there's talk of another evanescence album in 2004. im excited about that. i think it'll be great.

applemacdude
Dec 27, 2003, 12:35 PM
Why is your bro' a demi and you arnt? You post more often than he does..

Tequila Grandma
Dec 31, 2003, 06:07 AM
I was just looking through this thread, hoping to fins some sort of snide, condescending remark I might have made at the expense of Evanesence fans. Unfortunately, I didn't make that comment, and am slightly too drunk to do so now.

...But just remember this: one day, I guarantee you, you will remember the fact that you once liked a group as ****ty as Evanescence, and that will make you either: a) laugh or b) cry. If, even a year from now, you feel no remorse for ever advocating for Ecanescence, may lord have mercy on your soul... or something.

Hi... my name's Brook!