PDA

View Full Version : macs and cartoon movies

jefhatfield
May 11, 2002, 08:18 AM
what are your favorite animated movies or movies which look like they got their idea from a comic book?

i like:

toy story 2 (even more than toy story 1)
antz
unbreakable
armageddon
blade
blankman
shrek
matrix
pulp fiction
batman

Mr. Anderson
May 11, 2002, 08:22 AM
The best comic book movie ever made has to be The Matrix. It was designed and laid out to be as close to the real thing as possible, they pushed the technology farther and made it a standard in todays high budget special effects arena.

The whole freeze frame and spin in situ look just kicks ass.

My second choice would be Men In Black, damn funny.

Spawn was pretty cool too, and I'll be seeing Spiderman this weekend. The Hulk is coming out next year which should be fun.

jefhatfield
May 11, 2002, 08:24 AM
i hope to catch spidey soon, too

is spidey supposed to be a high school student?

gambit
May 11, 2002, 08:40 AM
Man! Next years gonna be awsome with X2 (X-men 2) and THE HULK[COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=4]

Mr. Anderson
May 11, 2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by gambit
Man! Next years gonna be awsome with X2 (X-men 2) and THE HULK

Ooh, didn't know XMen2 was coming out. Very cool. Ok, X-Men would be my #3. Batman and Superman don't really get in the top 10, didn't like them all that much. Maybe Batman1, better than the others by just enough. But I can't even watch the Superman movies anymore, they're so inane, bad directing and somewhat cheesy.

3rdpath
May 11, 2002, 12:58 PM
in no order

toy story
the jungle book
anything chuck jones did( ok, he was short form but still....it all begins with chuck)
shrek
and though it's not technically animation....anything nick park does.
wrong trousers is amazing.

i hope spyder man lives up to the hype.

and for good measure...mad monster party
:D

TiMacLover
May 11, 2002, 01:50 PM
I guess I can see why SpyMac people say macrumors suck, atleast the forums, I am sick of all the damn mac and ... topics I have been seeing. grr. anyway.

mc68k
May 11, 2002, 03:05 PM
Spider-man is the first movie to get MOST of its material from the comics. It truly made the movie enjoyable. I don't see why they have to adapt the comics— there's so much story there, they should just stick to it. There's more than enough to make several movies with nothing but comic material.

X-Men really had little to do with the comics and completely made up a lot of its story.

Batman was the same way. Most of it was made up.

I guess if it doesn't hurt the movie and looks great on screen, people will go see it. And that's probably a good thing, because it will get people to go out and read the comic books again. That's probably the reason why Marvel is doing this in the first place— kids don't read much of anything anymore, just like to sit in front of something.

But for the comic fans, why make a movie that's based off the comics if you're not going to follow the comics exactly? I guess that's the same argument from novels adapted to screenplay.

Still pisses me and other comic fans off though.

Mr. Anderson
May 11, 2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by TiMacLover
I guess I can see why SpyMac people say macrumors suck, atleast the forums, I am sick of all the damn mac and ... topics I have been seeing. grr. anyway.

So we like to discuss different, not really mac, topics. The nice thing about the forums is you don't have to participate if you don't want to. Not every post/thread/forum is going to appeal to everyone, so why worry about it. Just read and comment on the things you want and like, no ones forcing you to read through all the pie hurling.:D :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
May 11, 2002, 10:03 PM
I just went and saw it this evening and it was great, anyone who likes the summer action movies should go. They did an extremely good job of character development that can be somewhat lacking in these types of movies. I'd still rate it under The Matrix and Men In Black. Its tied for 3rd with Blade in my rankings.