PDA

View Full Version : Getting my 20D fixed :D

maxxscholten
May 31, 2008, 11:09 AM
I'm so excited I just had to post this!

I recently updated the firmware on my 20D and it just killed the thing! It wouldn't recognize any cards put into it and would then give a CF Error followed by and ERROR 99. I called Canon (who apparently have been known to be very stingy about fixing cameras) and they said the probably was either my motherboard had died or one of my CF pins were bent / missing.

I checked the pins and the seemed fine (I take good care of my camera equipment). I sent it in to Canon expecting a few hundred dollars in repairs :( but just got an email saying that they'll fix it for free!:eek:

The only thing that bums me out was that I was planning on upgrading to a 40D and my 20D dying seemed like a message from the camera gods saying it was about time.

I suppose I can still upgrade once I get the money :D

AlaskaMoose
May 31, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'm so excited I just had to post this!

I recently updated the firmware on my 20D and it just killed the thing! It wouldn't recognize any cards put into it and would then give a CF Error followed by and ERROR 99. I called Canon (who apparently have been known to be very stingy about fixing cameras) and they said the probably was either my motherboard had died or one of my CF pins were bent / missing.

I checked the pins and the seemed fine (I take good care of my camera equipment). I sent it in to Canon expecting a few hundred dollars in repairs :( but just got an email saying that they'll fix it for free!:eek:

The only thing that bums me out was that I was planning on upgrading to a 40D and my 20D dying seemed like a message from the camera gods saying it was about time.

I suppose I can still upgrade once I get the money :D
Well, that's good news.

It seems that you are looking for excuses to upgrade? :) :)