Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneHome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
91952058.jpg

Even though Jay endorses HP...he wouldn't be caught dead with one out and about.

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Ya there's nothing wrong with carrying a laptop like that. He's probably going from his car to a building, there's no need to put it in a case for that.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I carry my air around like that ALL the time. I put it in a sleeve if Im carrying it around in my bag. Think about it, if you drop the air carrying it around without a sleeve and with a sleeve, will it protect the laptop that much from a fall? It wouldn't matter either case.

i dropped my air and dented it ....

and i took it to the apple store to see if the dent would in-fact void my 1 year and 2 year extended warranty , i was told yes . I asked if apple fixed the dent to the top clamshell and cracked bar that holds the clamshell /LCD at my cost would it make the warranty valid again , they said yes so i said how much would it cost? he returned and said $1200

i was like wooow and said i should just deal with it ,i said i would but what if later my logic board go's out or LCD ,he was true he said hold on if i can get you a good deal would i be willing to check it in on the spot ,i said yes he came back told me to sign here the cost ........$0 is that a blessing from GOD almighty:):apple: or what ..... ya but back on the subject i had the new speck case on my air when it fell, but that did not cover the back by the vent were my air was dented....

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Even though Jay endorses HP...he wouldn't be caught dead with one out and about.

He's probably using it as a coaster for his big bad 17" fully loaded HP. I can't see HP being happy about this if it breaks.

I wonder what laptop Pharrell uses?

Think about it, if you drop the air carrying it around without a sleeve and with a sleeve, will it protect the laptop that much from a fall? It wouldn't matter either case.

In some sleeves, it would. I doubt my MacBook would suffer any damage when inside my STM Rebound sleeve (which they don't make anymore). There's a few other sleeves just like mine where it wouldn't matter.

OnTrack Studios

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
I live near Full Sail here in Orlando, FL and I see students walking down the road holding their macbooks in one hand & typing with the other. Guess those are the Macs that end up on ebay listed as "cracked LCD" or "for parts." lol

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Glad somebody else asked that, without going to google I have no idea who he is.

oh and is his name pronounced Jay - Zee or Jay Zed (US and English way of pronouncing the letter Z) before I ask somebody and look a fool.

He's an American rapper. It's Jay Zee, but he can also be called "jigga".

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I thought Jay Z was pretty big in Europe, he did a tour and sold out all over.

anyways....

I think its funny that he uses apple since he has all those HP commercials lol, someone should post this on that guys blog that used the macbook air to cut a cake.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
He's the guy who's killed Glastonbury. The first year in many that it didn't sell out within hours.

He didn't kill Glastonbury. Glastonbury killed themselves this year with a piss poor lineup. Jay-Z would be a great act to see live but I've seen far better lineups at Glastonbury than this year. A big disappointment.

jon

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
you can spell your name however you want when your net worth is $547 million

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.