PDA

View Full Version : Best way to correct/complete MP3 & AAC tags??

m021478
Jun 1, 2008, 12:16 AM
I wanted to find out how some of you guys go about correcting and/or completing (i.e. filling in missing tags) for some of you music files in iTunes?

I have experimented with iEatBrainz and also took a quick peek at MPFreaker (both available via versiontracker.com)...iEatBrainz seems to be a nice utility for filling in missing tag data by comparing any existing (though incomplete) tags found in your audio files with anything it finds a match for on their online audio file tag database...I did however find that this program does incorrectly match tracks quite often, and its pretty tedious to have to manually scroll through your list of potential corrections to verify each one...

MPFreaker seems more geared toward allowing you to add missing artwork to your audio files...

I wanted to find out how some of you guys go about dealing with this issue, and to find out if anyone had any alternate options they've used which they might be willing to suggest?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Joanna.Kiyoné
Jun 1, 2008, 07:56 AM
I've used Fixtunes which did the job but I'm not managing a big iTunes library on my Mac so I usually just correct tags by hand.

jsgreen
Jun 2, 2008, 01:14 PM
I just started using mpfreaker to fill in gaps of missing data (I have a music library just over 10,000 tracks). I have to say I'm pretty impressed - it isn't perfect, but given the artist, track and album name mpfreaker has been doing a very good job at retrieving the year, genre, art and lyrics. Definitely worth the $20.

MacHappytjg
Jun 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
well i never correct them you know why? well i download my music using torrents and it dowloads the album and usually nothing to be corrected except if some albums dont have album art which is easy to fix

m021478
Jun 2, 2008, 09:16 PM
I am happy you shared that with all of us...it really helps...and I'm sure it made you feel like a big man to publicly point out your torrenting habits...

If you can add something useful to the conversation at hand, next time don't add anything at all...it defeats the purpose of these forums!

MacHappytjg
Jun 2, 2008, 09:48 PM
I am happy you shared that with all of us...it really helps...and I'm sure it made you feel like a big man to publicly point out your torrenting habits...

If you can add something useful to the conversation at hand, next time don't add anything at all...it defeats the purpose of these forums!

dude its the same as downloading music uhm on the other hand say if i say i steal $1800 programs on the other hand i see where u would get mad, and are u a person who gets sucked in to buying bs stuff from itunes

wbeasley
Jun 2, 2008, 11:59 PM
dude its the same as downloading music uhm on the other hand say if i say i steal $1800 programs on the other hand i see where u would get mad, and are u a person who gets sucked in to buying bs stuff from itunes

Does anyone else think it's ironic that he's happy to steal music yet proud enough to list all the hardware he's purchased? (Well, I'm assuming here he didn't steal it too...)

Just because someone chooses to buy their music thru iTunes doesn't make them a sucker.

m021478
Jun 3, 2008, 02:42 AM
Bro, I of course use it as well (uTorrent via Parallels for my Torrentleech and HDbits torrents), and I am not arguing about torrents...it was a comment completely unrelated to my original question (or at least it didn't, nor was it meant to, help me figure out what I was seeking to figure out)

...that's why I had to slam you in my last post...

oh well, now that this thread has become about something entirely different than what I'd intended it to be about, I'm outta here...Thanks for nada!