Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willlah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
hello everyone..i have a ipod and never really used it until i got my powerbook..but when i look closely at ipod..i found out that there is a black dot in the screen..its not on the ipod but inside the external enclosure..i dont know how to get it out...does anyone have the same problem?

theipodgod16

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2003
Berkeley, CA
i have the same problem. i found turning on the backlight helps me not notice it. set it for 2 seconds. that should be enough time to see what your doing, and then have the light shut off wehn you put it in the case.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
man, if it bugs you that much, Im sure you could carefully pull open the case and clean the screen. But I think your solution works better.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
It does sound more like a dead pixel to me....and then if you opened the case you still wouldn't be able to get rid of it. My friend's iPod got a clump of like 150 dead pixels on the side, and that was really bad, but I can't see how one dead pixel on your ipod is that terrible. Is it there when you turn it off? If it is there when the iPod is off then its dust.

willlah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
i am pretty sure its a piece of dust, after looking closely..i dont want to open my ipod and clean it because through exprience, i found that when you open your cellphone gameboy or mp3 player..if your not in a 100% dustfree enviornment..you will never get rid of dusts, and possibally makes it worst!...i guess i will have to live with it..

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
litraly open it and get out the dyson I found sand in my ipod when i opened it it's a good idea to do it earlyer than later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.