Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisbone123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
i'm looking to buy a ibook or powerbook, and i need to put install lepord on it.

which one is the best to buy & what specs should i look for..

and is it a good idea?

thanx for the help guys.

edit:

nothin serious, just geneal surfing the web, playin with ilife 08... maybe some music editing..

im not lookin to spend to much money 500-600

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
Before anyone can give good advice, we'd need to know what you plan to use it for and how much money are you willing to spend.

Personally, I'd choose a MacBook or MBP over either of the outdated models.

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
You can get a pretty nice ibook 12" with 1 or 1.2ghz processor that will run leopard fine. This will cost between $200-500 depending on the condition and stock features. You will need the RAM maxed out (1.25gb) and also a bigger HD. These two upgrades will be around $150-200. If you can get one already upgraded, that would be even better. getting a superdrive installed is up to you, if that's something you would like.
But in the end, if you can only afford $500, I would suggest just getting a pc laptop and save up $$ for when you can buy a macbook if you NEED a laptop. If you don't need it right now, I would say just save $ for a Macbook. they aren't that expensive and are much faster than that ibook would be.
Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.