PDA

View Full Version : New iPod at WWDC?

MattGTO
Jun 1, 2008, 06:28 PM
Ok guys, everyone has been thinking only about the new iPhone and the SDK coming out at WWDC, so much so that we haven't been thinking about other hints that could possibly be coming out. What about a new ipod? I bet you that the new iPod nano could be revealed, possibly a new iPod touch to better relate to the new iphone's differences. What do you guys think will be released other than the new iPhone and the SDK?

mr.light
Jun 1, 2008, 06:30 PM
Yup. New pink iPods to match the new pink iPhone!;)

queshy
Jun 1, 2008, 06:35 PM
there definitely won't be a new iPod announced at WWDC that isn't either an iPod touch or an iPhone.

weeman
Jun 2, 2008, 12:08 AM
Theres no way there is gonna be new ipods. The back to school sale is about to begin (buy a mac and get an ipod for free) and we all know that after the promotion ends, then there might be a chance that there will be new ipods. But at WWDC? No way.

Chundles
Jun 2, 2008, 12:24 AM
Nooo, no no no nooooo......

iPods get their own event every year, normally around September although it has been as late as November where all the press gets a week's notice to attend at some massive theatre somewhere and Steve gives a big song and dance about the new gear.

WWDC is not the place for announcing anything other than stuff that developers will froth over. Expect to see the dog-and-pony show this year be about the iPhone as a software platform for the developers to make money from - not as a fantastic bit of hardware a la the 2007 Macworld conference. There may be pro-apps updates and possibly a big XCode update with the final SDK rolled in for the 2.0 launch later in June.

It's for developers folks, this is the geeky Apple conference - gives a great hint as to where Apple is going in the future but you've generally got to plow through the code to find it.

General consumers should be excited about MWSF and the iPod special event - WWDC is for the guys who keep Apple afloat with great software and peripherals.

chew63
Jun 2, 2008, 07:25 AM
Nooo, no no no nooooo......

iPods get their own event every year, normally around September although it has been as late as November where all the press gets a week's notice to attend at some massive theatre somewhere and Steve gives a big song and dance about the new gear.

yep, but for the first time, I may not trade up. I am completely content with my 80 GB classic for now.

Tallest Skil
Jun 2, 2008, 07:29 AM
September is iPod month.

There will be no revised iPods at WWDC.

alphaod
Jun 2, 2008, 10:36 AM
September is iPod month.

There will be no revised iPods at WWDC.

Hi Unofficial Apple source. :D