Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphacrust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Apologies if this has been covered before...

Has anybody found a fix for the poor Airport signal problems found with many of the Core 2 Duo Mac Mini's ? My old PPC mini copes with my wireless network without a problem, whereas my new 2gig Intel is all over the place. :(

Was any fix found ?

Thanks,

Paul.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Check that "Allow All Incoming Connections" is selected in your System Preferences Security pane.

Mine was selected by default, but I experience the same problems. Sometimes the speed will be blazing fast, sometimes I won't get 16kb/s. It's pathetic! My PC sitting beside my Mini is always superior to it. Why is my Mini so slow??

ggentry

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Me too - same issue

Apologies if this has been covered before...

Has anybody found a fix for the poor Airport signal problems found with many of the Core 2 Duo Mac Mini's ? My old PPC mini copes with my wireless network without a problem, whereas my new 2gig Intel is all over the place. :(

Was any fix found ?

Thanks,

Paul.

I have the same issue - all other computers in my house are able to connect without issues - what is the problem with the Mini mac?:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.