PDA

View Full Version : FS/WTT: 15" Macbook Pro [2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM] + Extras! $1,600

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 3, 2008, 12:31 AM
Looking to get rid of my Macbook Pro, as I'd like to go back to the 24" iMac, and eventually a Macbook for my portable fix. Here's the specs:

15" w/ LED screen, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM [upgraded from 2GB], GeForce 8600M GT 256mb Graphics, 160GB Hard Drive.

I've still got the original box, styrofoam, install discs , DVI>VGA Adapter, and of course the Magsafe charger is included. Included as well is the original 2GB RAM from Apple.

[B]Also, the MBP is still under warranty until August 5th, 2008. It is still eligible for Applecare.

I've also got a soft neoprene sleeve for it that I've used to carry it around in. It's olive green on the outside, orange on the inside. I've also kept a red plastic shell on it, made by Speck, and have never used it outside of the shell, aside from when I was cleaning it.

Overall, the computer is in great shape, though there are a couple scuffs on the front, near the latch. They're from taking the shell on/off for cleaning. Aside from that there are no dings/deep scratches, or any major cosmetic damage.

I know a refurb model w/ similar specs is $1,649 from Apple. I've got the additional RAM, plus the sleeve & shell. Not too sure where that places me.

I'm interested in trading for a 24" iMac [either white or aluminum], plus some cash possibly, depending on the iMac. I've never sold anything via Macrumors, but I've made plenty of sales via craigslist & other forums, such as Treocentral.

Let me know, thanks!

EDIT: I'm located in Grand Rapids, MI. Also, if pictures are wanted just let me know.

EDIT2: Will sell outright for $1,650. Paypal preferred. Thanks!

EDIT3: Price lowered to $1,600.

FavreFan87
Jun 3, 2008, 03:42 PM
Would you accept $1,200?

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 3, 2008, 04:08 PM
Would you accept $1,200?

$1,200 seems a little low, so I'm going to have to pass. Thanks for the offer though.

thechidz
Jun 3, 2008, 04:11 PM
at least 1400

alecxx
Jun 3, 2008, 04:27 PM
1649$ on the ref store, it's a penryn....

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 3, 2008, 05:04 PM
I was originally thinking a White 24" iMac + some cash, as the value of those is a little lower these days.

I used to have the Aluminum 24", which I absolutely loved, and I'd take that as my first pick, but you white 24"-ers don't be shy!

SFStateStudent
Jun 3, 2008, 05:39 PM
I've got a BlackBook 2.4 Penryn, 250GB 2GB SDRAM, (4) cycle count on battery, AppleCare 2011, purchased Feb. 28, 2008. How close are we?

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 3, 2008, 08:01 PM
Are you offering a trade? If so, what is your complete offer? I might be interested in a Blackbook. I like the larger hard drive. :) I'd definitely have to get an external monitor though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. As I said initially, I'm headed for the 24" result in the long run.

SFStateStudent
Jun 3, 2008, 08:38 PM
Are you offering a trade? If so, what is your complete offer? I might be interested in a Blackbook. I like the larger hard drive. :) I'd definitely have to get an external monitor though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. As I said initially, I'm headed for the 24" result in the long run.

This is what I've got:

Purchased February 28, 2008
Product Features
*2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3 MB shared L2 Cache
*2 GB (two SO-DIMM) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 250 GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard drive; 8x Double-Layer SuperDrive
*One FireWire 400, two USB 2.0 ports, DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video (mini-DVI - VGA adapter is included)
*Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet; Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11n); built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module
*13.3-inch (diagonal) glossy TFT widescreen display, 1280 x 800 resolution; Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard
*(4) Battery Cycle Count, mAh = 5422, 100%, Excellent Condition.
*Serial Number Available
*PayPal and FREE Shipping within the CONUS. (Continental United States)
*I can do a total restore to shipping specs.
*I have everything that came with this BlackBook, install disks/restore disks, Original Box.

Will Trade straight across for MBP 2.4 15" or 17" Widescreen 160GB HDD, 2GB-4GB SDRAM w/AppleCare (Optional).

Selling For: PayPal or Cash only ($1399 BlackBook + $249 AppleCare thru 2011 + Shipping & Handling $100 = $1748.00 OTD)

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 3, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'm going to have to pass. As I've mentioned, I'd really like to go with the 24" solution if possible.

I'd be willing to sell for cash at $1,650. That's same as refurb, only w/ extra ram, and a few other extras.

SFStateStudent
Jun 3, 2008, 09:33 PM
I'm going to have to pass. As I've mentioned, I'd really like to go with the 24" solution if possible.

I'd be willing to sell for cash at $1,650. That's same as refurb, only w/ extra ram, and a few other extras.

Thanks for the quick response, good luck with your sale.

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 3, 2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it. Hope to get an offer soon.

thechidz
Jun 4, 2008, 01:43 AM
Also, the MBP is still under warranty until August 5th, 2008. It is still eligible for Applecare.

I know a refurb model w/ similar specs is $1,649 from Apple. I've got the additional RAM, plus the sleeve & shell. Not too sure where that places me.

EDIT: I'm located in Grand Rapids, MI. Also, if pictures are wanted just let me know.

EDIT2: Will sell outright for $1,650. Paypal preferred. Thanks!

1649$ on the ref store, it's a penryn....
no this is not a penryn, this is a previous generation without multitouch (applecare ending in august means that it was purchased well before february when the penryns came out.)

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 4, 2008, 11:30 AM
no this is not a penryn, this is a previous generation without multitouch (applecare ending in august means that it was purchased well before february when the penryns came out.)

Correct. This is not a Penryn model. This is the previous model before that, and as mentioned in the OP, has the remainder of the warranty until August 5th of this year.

Lower Price! I will accept $1,600.

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 4, 2008, 08:55 PM
Here are some pictures. Sorry they're not the best quality, but they were taken from my Treo's poor camera. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/xxjuicymintxx/1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/xxjuicymintxx/2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/xxjuicymintxx/3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/xxjuicymintxx/4.jpg

JacobC
Jun 4, 2008, 11:32 PM
Grand Rapids 'eh? I'm from the Detroit area! But I'm now in KC, Missouri. I'm coming to Michigan this summer. I totally wish I could afford to pick up your MBP! Ugh! Especially from a fellow Michigander!

Were did you get that bumper sticker? I swear that I have seen it before!

EDIT: Oh dude you go to Mars Hill? That's AWESOME! I know some many people that have been there. I'm at the International House of Prayer, and there are quite a few people with the same bumper sticker.

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 5, 2008, 12:24 AM
It's actually a sticker I got from a previous teacher of mine. She gets them through her church [sorry, can't remember the name of it], but there's a religious story behind it. I love the sticker, and it's an small item that truly represents a large part of me.

[and props for being a michigander, though, i hate the way 'michigander' sounds, haha.]

ntrigue
Jun 5, 2008, 12:41 AM
You could get over $1800 on eBay in 5 days.

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 5, 2008, 09:57 AM
$1,800? On eBay? 5 days? Hm.

I'm not much of an 'ebayer', as the fee's always get me, and I've never had too much luck.

I'd really like to sell here first. I mean, $1,600 for a Macbook Pro, plus the extras I've got?

That's a good deal right?

JacobC
Jun 5, 2008, 12:53 PM
It's actually a sticker I got from a previous teacher of mine. She gets them through her church [sorry, can't remember the name of it], but there's a religious story behind it. I love the sticker, and it's an small item that truly represents a large part of me.

[and props for being a michigander, though, i hate the way 'michigander' sounds, haha.]

That's fine, I did some research and the Pastor of Mars Hill did a teaching on it called, "Love Wins." and that's how the stickers came to be. Ya, it's pretty awesome dude.

Indeed it does sound strange!

anmoldagreat
Jun 5, 2008, 01:44 PM
hi would you be interested in doing a trade for a macbook 2.16ghz 2gb of ram plus enough cash for your 24in monitor?

xxjuicymintxx
Jun 5, 2008, 07:47 PM
hi would you be interested in doing a trade for a macbook 2.16ghz 2gb of ram plus enough cash for your 24in monitor?

No thank you. I've had the MBP + a 24" Acer monitor, and I couldn't get used to the setup. I'm just comortable with the iMac.

I'm in talks with someone right now, so it might sell soon. I'll keep everyone posted. For now - it's still for sale.

bwillis10
Jun 13, 2008, 03:10 PM
Sent a PM!