Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hey guys, I've finished writing an application for the iPhone, and I've got a screencast of it that I'd like to post online for everyone to check out. So, I have two questions:

1) Does posting a screencast of a self-developed iPhone application break the NDA?

2) Are there any good places you guys know of to store large ~25MB video files? My preferred option would be to embed them on my web page, but if it's an external link, that's alright too. :D

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
1) Yes, I'm afraid it does.

2) Take a look at Viddler.

Congratulations on finishing your app. What does it do?
Thanks a lot for the info. :) I'm assuming (hoping) that on the 9th the SDK will be released from beta and the NDA will be dropped. (What's the point of creating cool software if you can't show it to anyone?)

My app is just a pretty simple task/homework management program, but it seems to be fitting great into the iPhone's drilldown design paradigm. :D

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
London, England
Hmph. I'm still waiting to get accepted into the iPhone Developer Program. (I'm in the UK.) I'll be pretty pissed off if they open up the App Store before I've even had a chance to test my software on real hardware!

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hmph. I'm still waiting to get accepted into the iPhone Developer Program. (I'm in the UK.) I'll be pretty pissed off if they open up the App Store before I've even had a chance to test my software on real hardware!
Dang, that's a bummer! Has there been any word on whether the App Store will be launching on the date of its announce? (Like the 9th.)

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I was just reading through the actual license agreement for the iPhone SDK, and the only portion I found that related to material produced/developed by anyone *using* the SDK states as follows:

Information that otherwise would be deemed Confidential Information but (i) is generally available
to the public through no fault or breach of the recipient, (ii) is independently developed by the
recipient without the use of any of the other party’s Confidential Information, (iii) was rightfully
obtained from a third party who had the right to transfer or disclose it to the recipient without
limitation, or (iv) any FOSS included in the SDK and accompanied by licensing terms that do not
impose confidentiality obligations on the use or disclosure of such FOSS will not be deemed
Confidential Information under this Agreement.

Therefore, as long as no information regarding the SDK itself is released, wouldn't application screenshots be considered "information independently developed by the recipient without the use of any of the other party's Confidential Information"? Or is the SDK itself considered "Confidential Information," which would cause problems considering the "without the use of..." statement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.