PDA

View Full Version : iPod HD failure?

munson
Jun 3, 2008, 10:15 AM
I as trying to Sync my iPod back to my iTunes from scratch, and, every time I get to about 46 GB filled on my iPod, it stops syncing (freezes). Could anyone point me to a solution that my remedy my situation?

(Also, no warranty - bought it in the box off of a friend of mine rather than straight from the store)

mosx
Jun 3, 2008, 06:14 PM
I as trying to Sync my iPod back to my iTunes from scratch, and, every time I get to about 46 GB filled on my iPod, it stops syncing (freezes). Could anyone point me to a solution that my remedy my situation?

(Also, no warranty - bought it in the box off of a friend of mine rather than straight from the store)

Have you tried resyncing in parts? I mean, try syncing only a few GB at a time and see if it'll work that way.

Which iPod do you have? If you have the 80GB 5.5G iPod then one of the platters might be bad.

If you have the 80GB iPod classic, then it'll be under warranty no matter what. Unless its stolen ;)

munson
Jun 5, 2008, 03:37 PM
Have you tried resyncing in parts? I mean, try syncing only a few GB at a time and see if it'll work that way.

Which iPod do you have? If you have the 80GB 5.5G iPod then one of the platters might be bad.

If you have the 80GB iPod classic, then it'll be under warranty no matter what. Unless its stolen ;)

Okay, what would it mean if one of the "platters" are bad, and, how would I know whether it is 5.5, or the 5G classic?