Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farmerku

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2008
So from day one my Black MacBook has loose plastic that makes a creek when I touch it... it is the piece that frames the headphone jack and the usb ports... though it is near the second screw towards the front of the frame? I tried to tighten the screw with a set of eyeglass screwdriver but it didn't really work. As well when I close my lid it is doesn't sit straight on the frame it definitely is crooked. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do about these small cosmetic defects?

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Do a search, there are quite a few threads on this. The screw is just cosmetic and will not tighten.

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
there really isn't anything we can suggest to remedy a physical defect on the macbook other than taking it in for repairs.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Are you the one that bought it at Best Buy? You could always try to return it for another one?

I'll followup the other posts on the screws, they are cosmetic and just about every MacBook is 'squishy' on that side.

The cover should line up. If you bought it on 5/22, then most likely tomorrow is the last day of your Best Buy 14 day return policy (although if you are just exchanging for a new one, they might allow that).

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.