PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ANY Used Macbook, lime imac! shuffle! What do you have?

ktbubster
Jun 3, 2008, 05:27 PM
Yes, this is the... 3rd time? I've been looking for an old macbook. It's all part of a project i've been experimenting with and now is finally the time to get on to the final iteration of it.

1. What i need - Any macbook that is more or less fully functioning - the computer part atleast, if the screen is cracked/broken and i need to replace it, that's not an issue, as long the computer itself works (if you want to keep the harddrive that's cool, as long as it works with one)

I dont' care what model (CD, C2D) or about yellowing or scratches etc, as long as it is WORKING on BATTERY as well. (battery can also be old, i just need it to actually work on a battery.

Sooooo send me what you have - specs, precise condition, price you'd be asking, as detailed as possible.

I'm looking to spend 500 or less, but depending on certain things, might go more.

i picked up a c2d 2.0 whitebook here with a broken screen a bit ago for 450 just to give you a ballpark.

I'm going to be deconstructing it and making a tablet - and after the last few experiments I think this will be it. :) Think about this as... a sorta donation to the advancement of cool mac mods! :)

Let me know!

2. NEW: I am now looking for a LIME imac. It doesn't have to be working, infact, i'd REALLY like just the casing (don't need the crt in there, basically the beginnings of a fish tank - just the outer casing (in good condition and not missing pieces though please) I am not making a fishtank, but I am using the casing for a project. Soooo if you have one, please let me know! If you have an imac, and want to take everything out of it and send that (cheaper shippng and you might be able to dump the ram and crt to other things) that is great. Willing to pay shipping plus 20 or so buks (since they go for free - 50 on craigslist and ebay working even)

3. I'm also looking for a ipod shuffle - preferably the clip version but any gen (any set of colors that is, and any capacity) as long as it works i'm happy. I need one for running as my touch is pretty horrible for it.

Let me know what you have. Looking to spend no more than 25 shipped to 61801

techound1
Jun 3, 2008, 05:47 PM
We get to see pics when you're done??

I've got a buggy logic board, if that helps. Yeah, I know... :)

iHerzeleid
Jun 3, 2008, 05:55 PM
i have a 1.83ghz cd macbook. 1gb 60gb combo.

has a broken screen and the battery is dead. but other than the dead battery and the screen, everything is fine. i use it as my itunes server but i need to pay bills...

PM if interested :)

ktbubster
Jun 3, 2008, 07:45 PM
PM sent! That sounds perfect :) but everyone else keep letting me know what you have!

And yes, don't worry. I will be posting a thread with my website with step by steps and photos along the way if all goes as planned. I dont' think I need a buggy logic board hehe, but thanks :)

I may either end up with a rotating screen (i am basically going to have to completely modify the case, and i have plans, but you never know till you start) or just a modbook like thing. We shall see what my design and programming prowess can muster.

:)

iMpathetic
Jun 4, 2008, 10:13 AM
Oh, so it's like a tablet thing?

AWESOME! :eek:

ktbubster
Jun 5, 2008, 04:51 PM
Edited: Looking for an ipod shuffle and a specific type of tablet now too, instead of starting a new thread, I figured i'd just tack it on to here. The tablet is for my project - and yes, it will be a tablet like thing in response to above posts :)

Let me know what you have!

ktbubster
Jun 9, 2008, 03:39 AM
Edit: Still looking for all the above things. Also interested in bracket/hinge pieces from any rotating tablet pcs (i know this one is a long shot, and will probably go to ebay or make my own, but i figured i'd check anyway)

ktbubster
Jun 13, 2008, 04:32 AM
added to OP:

Now looking for a lime green imac too! (not sage! LIME :) slot loader - actually came with a copy of bugs life back in the day ... added it to the list. and yes, sorry, just interested in lime, as it's sorta sentimental to me :) doesn't need to work, like stated above, broken or empty case is better.

California
Jun 13, 2008, 05:01 AM
i've never seen a lime imac and i've see tons. Are they rare?

ktbubster
Jun 13, 2008, 03:31 PM
Not to my knowledge. I had one when I was younger. Perhaps the color isn't called lime? It's the first edition of the multiple colored ones (not the pantone series) just the bright green one before the "sage"

this one!

http://www.danielpennington.com/images/imac/green.jpg

not sure if they were all slot loading (apparently they weren't) - either way, a slot loading one would be best for my project .... and the nice little green piece around the slot loading drive looks pretty :)

ktbubster
Jun 17, 2008, 02:47 PM
Tablet found! :) Still looking for everything else though!

MattyMac
Jun 17, 2008, 09:20 PM
I've got a 512mb first gen (stick usb model) shuffle that I had bought from the apple refurb store a while back. Hardly even used (just loaded with some songs and put it on display) and comes with everything except earbuds.

ktbubster
Jun 17, 2008, 11:02 PM
How much are you looking to get for it? PM sent.