PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Mid-2007 white MacBook w/SuperDrive, 8GB 3G iPod nano, 1GB iPod shuffle

mosx
Jun 3, 2008, 10:01 PM
This is just a feeler. Only willing to deal locally, since I don't trust PayPal or eBay and, understandably, nobody is going to be willing to send a money order or check to some random person they've met online.

I have the mid-2007 white MacBook with SuperDrive.

2.16GHz Core 2 Duo
120GB HDD
2GB of RAM
Apple remote
It has Leopard on it right now but I'd be selling that to a friend cheap.

So it'll have the original Tiger install discs with iLife '08. I also have the micro-DVI to VGA converter. I'd throw in a Targus laptop bag too. http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=CLN5

It's made for 15.4", but the MacBook fits in it just fine.

The Mac itself is in "Excellent" condition. I hate using that term. But theres only a small number of marks on the bottom of the case that can only be seen in certain reflective lighting. Battery has 18 cycles at the moment. 5276mAh remaining. I've never wrapped the power cord around the adapter tightly or otherwise. I've also never disconnected the MagSafe connector from the MacBook by tugging on the cord. So theres no wear and tear on the power cord as a result of my own use.

I still have the original box and packaging inside the box. The system itself is under warranty until early September. I'd have to check the paperwork for the exact date.

I have the 8GB 3G iPod nano as well. Original packaging. Under warranty until September also. Have the headphones and USB cable. The iPod itself is in near mint condition. I have it in a Belkin hard case that scratches if you look at it, so its more beat up than it should be. But the iPod itself is as close to mint as it can get for its age. Battery is still giving a good 26 hours of audio and ~8 hours of video depending on the brightness level.

I'm just thinking of a cross country move to escape from this desert. The less I have to move the better.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: removed the iPod shuffle and mini. Girlfriend's 1G 4GB iPod nano disappeared and she wanted a shuffle so I gave her mine. The iPod mini I can't part with for other reasons.

bamaworks
Jun 3, 2008, 10:03 PM
This is just a feeler. Only willing to deal locally, since I don't trust PayPal or eBay and, understandably, nobody is going to be willing to send a money order or check to some random person they've met online.

You'd be surprised how many MR members send by money order :).

mosx
Jun 3, 2008, 10:17 PM
You'd be surprised how many MR members send by money order :).

haha well, maybe. I'm certainly not closed to the idea of dealing online. I just won't have anything to do with eBay or PayPal. I just have to decide if I'm going to move and whether or not to sell.

alphaod
Jun 3, 2008, 11:17 PM
I'd say $150 for the nano, $30 for shuffle if they are in perfect condition.