PDA

View Full Version : iBook G4 mouse pad troubles

pyto1
Jun 4, 2008, 12:16 AM
I really need help here, Just recently (as in 4 hours ago at the very most.) my iBook G4 mouse pad has gotten a mind of it's own. It partially works on the right side, it will make itself scroll when i go further left, and just before the middle of the pad, none of it works all the way to the right.

There is no explination for it, is it simply the mouse pad dying? I spilled some water earlier but no dangerous amount even came close to the laptop. Does anyone have tips on how to get inside of it to see what's wrong? We bought this laptop on ebay so I'm not quite sure what warranty if any is on it for repair.

Thanks a bunch.

pyto1
Jun 4, 2008, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry for a double post but I really need help, would compressed air do anything?

merl1n
Jun 4, 2008, 09:43 AM
I really need help here, Just recently (as in 4 hours ago at the very most.) my iBook G4 mouse pad has gotten a mind of it's own. It partially works on the right side, it will make itself scroll when i go further left, and just before the middle of the pad, none of it works all the way to the right.

There is no explination for it, is it simply the mouse pad dying? I spilled some water earlier but no dangerous amount even came close to the laptop. Does anyone have tips on how to get inside of it to see what's wrong? We bought this laptop on ebay so I'm not quite sure what warranty if any is on it for repair.

Thanks a bunch.

You said you spilt water? Did any of it get on the trackpad?

The iBook is very old and discontinued. Unless you bought it from the online Apple Store (refurbished listings) there will be no warranty on it.

You can try doing a PMU reset as well as a PRAM reset and SAFE BOOT, but if any water got on it, shut it down, disconnect all power, remove the battery and let it dry out for a day or two.