Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
well i have the entry level of the 1.83 c2d mini (see sig)
and i was wondering if getting 4gb ram and 120GB 7200RPM make a noticable difference

i know its a dumb question but i guess the real question is the performance iimprovement really worth the 150-200 dollars?

oh and of course, the only major app i run is Aperture

for those who ask why ask such a dumb question is because i believe that more of the photoediting/2d programs use more of the CPU so since my cpu is staying at 1.83, (with freaking low cache/buffer), would ram/HD make a huge difference

thanks!

gehrbox

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Charleston,SC
well i have the entry level of the 1.83 c2d mini (see sig)
and i was wondering if getting 4gb ram and 120GB 7200RPM make a noticable difference

I have the same Mac Mini you have, well technically my wife has it now, I bought a new iMac. Anyway the Mini will only recognize 3GB of ram, even if you add two 2GB sticks. I noticed a small improvement when I took it from 1GB to 2GB RAM. With Aperture more memory is a good thing. If you expect to fill the HDD then more space and a faster driver won't hurt.

I don't think you will see a night and day difference in day to day stuff with the improvments, but it will breath better.

I found my Mini to be a very good computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.