PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the new Sonic Impact I-F5?

spaceballl
Jun 5, 2008, 12:35 AM
It was just announced recently. I used to have an IF-2 - LOVED it. It died. Bought the IF-3 and it was unreliable and clunky. The IF-5 (they skipped 4!) looks great! but i'd like to hear some user reviews.

No need to suggest other speakers - I love how these zip up - perfect for our family trips to the lake :D

Riqiv
Jun 23, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hey Spaceball,

Your asking kinda brought me around to buying the IF5 which arrived today!!! So here's my review:

Very cool item, the Sonic Impact If-5. I almost bought the If-3 for the same price, $150.00, but went back a month later and it was gone and discontinued at Apple Stores! (Normal price was $170 - $180.) It was gray, instead of the black If-5, not as sleek, but more bass response and volume.

However, the If-5 is VERY clear and loud enuff to dance to, but not to break your lease, and packs away a little easier than the If-3 for air travel.

Batteries charged fine, though they should be charged the first time in the supplied charger, THEN put into the IF-5 where they charge when machine is OFF.

Funny thing, the charger supplied has two green lights to be lit, but it only achieved the first light after about 5 hours of charging, but it shows a full charge while in the F-5 and plays fine!

Highly recommended, sleek, good sound, remote w/storage area. Good tech support: M-F, 9AM to 4PM, 800) 533-5177.

Cons: no bass and treble control.
----
Good Luck!!!