Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Since I was taken in at the tune of 199 dollars for a 2 year subscription and they do not reply to email or phone calls I thought I would alert the web design community to beware of this company.
Ohmyflash.com is not to be trusted. I tried to contest it with my credit card company but the site admin said it is a legitimate sale and I agree it is legitimate if you can get the product but I cannot.
Just wanted you to know.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
(wondering if a moderator moves this or not)

Thanks for telling us. I've had a few online disputes with companies and what I ended up doing for the worst of 'em, where I wanted either product or money and not just an apology - I contacted the BBB. They have an online form, just provide the details. Do a whois or visit their contact/about page to get their state and address, document any ticket number and who you corresponded with, and state your complaint factually and without emotion. Tell the BBB the only satisfaction you seek is "refund" if you're pissed.

The BBB will contact them and I *promise* you this is enough pressure to make this company satisfy your complaint. Once they get a record on the BBB it reduces business, and they know it.

If for some reason they do not comply after being pressured by the BBB, your next option is not to give up, rather contact the state attorney general's web site (whatever state the company is located) and use their web site and send the same information you sent the BBB, asking the attorney general to "research" the issue. Then inform the business of what you did All they really do is send a letter, but that is usually enough to get them to resolve - feel free to mention the state attorney's name and that you are "considering legal action" pending their response.

If all that fails, you've got documentation for a small civil action, but be warned you could spend more to file vs. getting your money back. That's why you spend 10 minutes filling out forms on web sites instead.

But thanks again for warning us.

-jim

Mitou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
It is probably less a question of money than principle. But I plan on making their life not as happy for a while and keeping unsuspecting people like me away from them.
Thank you for posting.

Mitou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I am sorry to hear that they are still at it.
I have reported them to the BBB of New York where they pretend to be registered, but all we have been able to figure out is that this site is run from an oriental country and that there not much any of us can do other than passing the word that it is not a scrupulous company. I would encourage you not to waste too much time on it as I did and got nothing for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.