PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

dollarbillz
Jun 5, 2008, 12:12 PM
Hey Guys,

So i live in canada and wanting to purchase apple tv i know we get access to rentals now but i am just wondering i just got back from the states a week ago and brought back gift cards with me ive been using the american store forever.

Now i have $150 in american giftcards on my itunes account so if i bought appletv and logged into my account can i use these credits?

I heard if u have an american account on apple tv only way to rent or get movies is through an actual credit card!

is this true?

Thanks

tom1971
Jun 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
No, you can also do it without a credit card.

dollarbillz
Jun 5, 2008, 12:21 PM
No, you can also do it without a credit card.

so hd rentals can be done with the credit i already have? and if i ever wanted to add more i would have to do it through my comptuer not ATV right?

donster28
Jun 5, 2008, 12:26 PM
so hd rentals can be done with the credit i already have? and if i ever wanted to add more i would have to do it through my comptuer not ATV right?

as i understand (and please don't flame me 'cause i only got my APTV yesterday), detailed transactions are done in the computer. if you have credit in ur account, it will be used.

i just don't know about american credits. considering that there's a conversion involved, i would think u can only use US$ credit on a US account.

tom1971
Jun 5, 2008, 12:30 PM
It is getting a bit confusing. - At least for me.

I understand you have an american account already? If yes, you can redeem your US gift cards on that account.
If not, you can create a US account just by using these gift cards - whithout having to have a US credit card.

You CANNOT use your US gift cards for a Canadian iTunes account.

dollarbillz
Jun 5, 2008, 12:41 PM
It is getting a bit confusing. - At least for me.

I understand you have an american account already? If yes, you can redeem your US gift cards on that account.
If not, you can create a US account just by using these gift cards - whithout having to have a US credit card.

You CANNOT use your US gift cards for a Canadian iTunes account.

Sorry i should be more clear i have 2 accounts

1 CDN
1 US

my cdn one is hooked up to my cc and such i use that for music mainly

My us one is giftcards only becuase i want TV and MOVIES! but what ive been told is if u have giftcards u cant purchase rentals and movies from APPLETV itself only from itunes on ur computer

So i got one with american giftcards and an american address which i will use for apple tv to rent movies buy movies and tv shows

and the cdn one for music

i just want to make sure i can buy movies and tv from appletv on the fly with the remote with giftcards on the account some say u need a cc to do this?

tom1971
Jun 5, 2008, 12:47 PM
i just want to make sure i can buy movies and tv from appletv on the fly with the remote with giftcards on the account some say u need a cc to do this?

Yes, this works with a US account (in the US store)

dollarbillz
Jun 5, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yes, this works with a US account (in the US store)

thanks cause i would hate not to be able to order movies from the remote as u can only see the HD option from within APPLETV