Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

510studios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Ohio
I have just gotten an iMac and iPod Classic and am downloading my DVD TV series into iTunes through Handbrake. When I download the series into the the iPod it does not give info to discern one episode from the other, even though the iTunes menu has all sorts of info like episode number, ID, etc. The only thing that I see on the iPod is "title of series" and below that it says "Unknown Release Date." I cannot find where to change that in iTunes to give the TV series some difference from episode to episode. Any help would be appreciated.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Just right click on the item and select "Get Info". This should allow you to fix and fill in the missing info.
Good Luck!:apple:

510studios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Ohio
Tried that

I tried that and the information does not allow me to set a "release date" to be able to modify for the iPod. I have filled in every other form in the Get Info file and the problem still exists.:confused:

Freelancer

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2005
Paris
I tried that and the information does not allow me to set a "release date" to be able to modify for the iPod. I have filled in every other form in the Get Info file and the problem still exists.:confused:

try MetaX. it fetches tags and artwork from amazon (you can correct tags if needed), then write and send the movie file to iTunes. and you can make presets, useful for tv shows.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Lostify is great for batch processing - I can't get into MetaX, I like the way Lostify gives me total control over the file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.