PDA

View Full Version : Prediction - Apple 'Live Mesh' to be announced

Deanster
Jun 6, 2008, 12:39 PM
I was just writing another complaint about how difficult it is to share a live calendar and Address Book data with my other family members (What I want is a truly live updating shared calendar/address book across iPhones/desktops/laptops - much like corporate Blackberry users have via Exchange Server, but on a family/small business scale). Same story for document folders, iTunes playlists, etc.

As I wrote that, it became suddenly clear to me that this is also what Microsoft has been talking about with their Live Mesh announcements, and what Apple has talked about in terms of iPhone upgrades.

Add in the .mac/me.com conversion, and I think this is EXACTLY what Apple is doing, and what they will announce on Monday alongside iPhone 3G, and a tablet that functions like a wildly oversized iPod Touch + 3G data access.

Seamless, live access to calendar, contacts, mail, documents and other data from multiple computers and devices. My bet is that the first iteration is just for your own data, perhaps with some simple iCal-style sharing, but that integrating your data with others will come in in the next year.

My prediction, worth what you paid for it!