PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Purchased Content

Dirtyflame
Jun 6, 2008, 12:47 PM
Hey guys,

i just accidentally formatted the wrong external drive losing ALL of 168 gb of films and tv shows. I'm gutted to say the least! What I'm more concerned about is that iv lost a lot of purchased content including episodes of friends and films like the incredibles etc. is there a software solution whereby i can get the data back? or do you think the guys at itunes will let me re-download it?

Thanks for any help

Mike

Phil A.
Jun 6, 2008, 12:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A308 Safari/525.20)

if you phone support they'll probably give you a lecture about backing your stuff up, and then reset your account so you can redownload, as long as you're pleasant to them.
On the subject of backups, it really would be a good thing to back your stuff up...

mosx
Jun 7, 2008, 04:45 AM
Hey guys,

i just accidentally formatted the wrong external drive losing ALL of 168 gb of films and tv shows. I'm gutted to say the least! What I'm more concerned about is that iv lost a lot of purchased content including episodes of friends and films like the incredibles etc. is there a software solution whereby i can get the data back? or do you think the guys at itunes will let me re-download it?

Thanks for any help

Mike

Have you written any new data to the drive? As long as you didn't do a secure wipe you could always try some data recovery software....