PDA

View Full Version : Nano question!

djshew12
Jun 6, 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking about getting a nano, but I really want something to store all my music. I have around 12 gb of music, so does anyone think they are going to upgrade the size to 16 gb soon?
I want one before I go to college in august. If you do think they will upgrade the size, when?

Thanks

volsfan
Jun 6, 2008, 11:17 PM
sorry but there is no chance they upgrade the nano to 16. I would get either a touch or a classic if i were you. they are maybe possibly going to upgrade it to 12 gbs

mosx
Jun 7, 2008, 04:44 AM
I'm thinking about getting a nano, but I really want something to store all my music. I have around 12 gb of music, so does anyone think they are going to upgrade the size to 16 gb soon?
I want one before I go to college in august. If you do think they will upgrade the size, when?

Thanks

Don't listen to the second poster. He has no idea what he is talking about.

It's very likely the iPod nano could be upgraded to 16GB in September. In fact, Apple would be pretty stupid not to upgrade it to 16GB in September as nearly all of the competitors offer 16GB flash players for the same or less than the 8GB iPod nano.

phairphan
Jun 7, 2008, 09:15 AM
The nano may be updated to 16GB, but I would suggest getting something a bit larger, like the 32GB Touch or the 80GB Classic. If you want a device that holds your entire library and you already have 12GB, you may find yourself out of space before long depending on your music buying habits and how long you plan to keep the iPod. Also remember, you're not going to have all of that 16GB at your disposal. How long did it take you to collect 12GB?

djshew12
Jun 8, 2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, it took me all my cd collection to get to 8 gb, but it took me a few years to get the rest from downloads. I think that if i had 16gb I should be fine, because I would probably upgrade in a few years.