PDA

View Full Version : Word should "get off the grass"

Beej
May 12, 2002, 02:37 AM
MS Word is making me laugh. I have two documents open sitting next to each other on my screen. One has the word "labelled" and the other has the word "labeled." Word doesn't have a problem with either of them.

The funny thing is, when I change "labelled" to "labeled," or in the other document when I change "labeled" to "labelled," Word tells me the new spelling is wrong (even though it accepts it no worries in the other document).

Crazy. They're both using the same dictionary etc.

I also have a question about Word. Without going into "Print Preview," is it possible to view two pages of the same document side by side? This would be really handy for me, and if it's not possible, I'm just going to put another big X next to M$.

mac15
May 12, 2002, 06:31 AM
Thats odd, I tried it in mine and its fine
as for the printing.... get a marker out
its time for another big x

cleo
May 12, 2002, 04:24 PM
View -> Zoom -> Many pages

Beej
May 12, 2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by cleo
View -> Zoom -> Many pages Oh sweet! Than you cleo! You are more than just a good laugh! :p

cleo
May 12, 2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Beej
Oh sweet! Than you cleo! You are more than just a good laugh! :p

Thank you?

Mr. Anderson
May 12, 2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by cleo

Thank you?

You get a few more accolades from beej and you're going to run out of room in your signature.

So I was curious where you went to high school, we might know the same people (which would be very weird, but good).

teabgs
May 13, 2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet

You get a few more accolades from beej and you're going to run out of room in your signature.

So I was curious where you went to high school, we might know the same people (which would be very weird, but good).

Are you trying to stalk Cleo now that your plans on meeting Jello have failed...? :D :p

hehehe....j/k ;)

but seriously dude, are you?:rolleyes:

cb911
May 13, 2002, 02:26 AM
that's really weird about the dictionary in word...:eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by teabgs

Are you trying to stalk Cleo now that your plans on meeting Jello have failed...? :D :p

hehehe....j/k ;)

but seriously dude, are you?:rolleyes:

We've talked on other threads. She's from St. Pete area and I just got married down there this past December. We both love this little Bar downtown near the waterfront.

My wife's familly lives down there and we might actually have more in common. I was just curious because my wife's mom use to teach in one of the High Schools.

The whole stalking thing I don't get, have to ask Jello about that one.

cleo
May 13, 2002, 01:43 PM
How freaking weird would it be if we did know each other? Anyway, I went to Pinellas Park HS. Graduated in 98. Went to a magnet school in middle school, though, so knew people at schools all over the county. Where'd you wife go, and her mother teach?