Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smurray

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2008
I recently started using a Logitech S510 wireless mouse and keyboard with my macbook. I have the receiver plugged directly into the macbooks usb port, and have my printer (HP F4180) plugged into the other port. I noticed today that while I'm printing, my mouse gets really stuttery and sometimes completely unresponsive. Since it only happens while I'm printing, I'm wondering if it's some kind of usb conflict. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem and how to fix it?

pyr0sphere

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Have you tried downloading the Logitech Control Center (drivers) off the Logitech site?

Maybe even try updating your printer drivers?

Anyway, it can't really be that bad can it? Most of the time, printing shouldn't take that long. Do you really need to be using your mouse for that period of time?

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2007
If the wireless receiver and the wire to your printer are close together then yes.

You should notice that some usb cables have a bulg or a sort of capsule around the ends.

Get one that has that bulge kneer where it plugs in to the computer and that should take car of the interference.

here is a picture of one that has the device I am talking about on the end you probubly don't need it on.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...on=GARMIN+010-10723-01+USB+cable+(replacement)

I doubt you can simply move the attachment but you may be able to buy one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.