PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: New in Box 2.2 GHz SR MBP, 2 Gig Ram, 120 GB HD

lord patton
Jun 7, 2008, 10:24 PM
Hi,

I just got a deal on a brand new, sealed in box MBP. specs

15" 2.2 GHz SR MBP, 2 Gig Ram, 120 GB HD.

I jumped on it because the price was good, but now I'm wondering if it's really the right machine for me. How much do you think it's worth cash? Or, what kind of tricked out, big HD MacBook could it fetch?

A tinge of buyers remorse has got me wondering these questions.

w8ing4intelmacs
Jun 7, 2008, 10:29 PM
I think the Apple Refurb store sells these for $1449 IIRC

lord patton
Jun 7, 2008, 10:37 PM
Yep, refurbed it'd be 1450 plus tax. I did a bit better than that with my purchase, so can probably do better than break even if I sell it.

Honestly, though, I'm not looking to turn a profit, just make sure I end up with a computer that's a good match for me for the next 3 years.

SamoanDude
Jun 7, 2008, 10:42 PM
I have a 2.4 17", that absolutely smokes anything I throw at it. I can run several intensive apps all at once without a hiccup. I can tell a BIG difference between it and the 2.0 I previously had, so I would say your 2.2 will serve you well.

lord patton
Jun 7, 2008, 11:47 PM
I have a 2.4 17", that absolutely smokes anything I throw at it. I can run several intensive apps all at once without a hiccup. I can tell a BIG difference between it and the 2.0 I previously had, so I would say your 2.2 will serve you well.

totally! horsepower isn't the problem. Ideally, I would have gotten something smaller (13") with a bigger hard drive, like the 13" aluminum MBP that doesn't exist. :D

SamoanDude
Jun 7, 2008, 11:53 PM
I hear ya! Mine is plenty powerful but it's a 17",,,,,, to danged large for me! I have tried to trade it for a 15" or even a Blackbook here but that hasn't gone very well.

What sucks is mine is several hundred more than the others and I still couldn't strike a deal :eek:

motoxpress
Jun 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
I have that same laptop and it is a wonderful machine. I do everything on it and I also have a sata card for it for fast external storage. The screen is an ideal size/resolution and very bright as well. I can't think of anything my MBP can't do while there are many things a MB can't. My vote would be to keep it.

BTW I have found the dimensions to be a good compromise as well. I have used a Macbook and I find the screen rez a little constricting.

-mx

ktbubster
Jun 8, 2008, 01:56 PM
It should be a great machine for you :) I had that same machine for a few months (traded down for a macbook since I didn't need the extra power and plan on getting a desktop for rendering soon) but I miss it. It's an amazing machine :)

If you do decide to sell though, let me know. I know someone who would be interested.