PDA

View Full Version : Pirated MS Longhorn on sale NOW in Asia

MacBytes
Dec 1, 2003, 11:17 AM
Category: Microsoft
Link: Pirated MS Longhorn on sale NOW in Asia (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031201/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_piracy_dc_1)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

KentuckyApple
Dec 1, 2003, 12:55 PM
On sale for $1.58....what a rip off!!! I wouldn't give you a dime for a copy of this crap.

mrsebastian
Dec 1, 2003, 02:37 PM
hahahaha that's really f@#king funny!!!!! heck, i'll buy 20 copies and hand 'em out just to screw m$ ;)

edesignuk
Dec 1, 2003, 02:45 PM
How pointless, longhorn is still in early alpha builds :rolleyes: How can they even compare the price of this to a retail copy of XP in the states.

1macker1
Dec 1, 2003, 03:10 PM
yeah, the software might not even work. I say it's a was of money(even 1.50). I could say i have the next version of OSX, but it dont really work.

bousozoku
Dec 1, 2003, 03:17 PM
This will be the first time that people got a substandard MS operating system that Microsoft didn't intend to deliver. :D

Rasmuskl
Dec 1, 2003, 03:51 PM
Finally someone paid what it was worth.
Good Job.

Jerry Spoon
Dec 1, 2003, 06:00 PM
Well. Hope they enjoy it. Doesn't sound like anyone actually wanting longhorn will see the actual product for another couple years.

TomSmithMacEd
Dec 1, 2003, 06:13 PM
Wouldn't that be cool if before the full release came out there would be such a huge pirated movemtn that no one would buy Longhorn anyway. I heard the final build is suppose to make you ahve a 4.0gb p4 or higher.... I don't know if that is just some dumb rumor, or if it true to create demand.

ITR 81
Dec 1, 2003, 06:59 PM
Xp Pro can be got for $2 bucks normally and usually nothing over $4 bucks.

Maybe someone will crack it and release the source code.

latergator116
Dec 1, 2003, 07:06 PM
I think they are overcharging for what you get.

Nermal
Dec 1, 2003, 07:32 PM
As someone who's been to Indonesia, it's wonderful being able to go into shops and pick up heaps of software and movies for like $2 each. Piracy is so bad over there that they have to sell the legal stuff cheap too, otherwise nobody would buy it. You can buy legally licenced movies for about $5 each :)

MrMacMan
Dec 1, 2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
How pointless, longhorn is still in early alpha builds :rolleyes: How can they even compare the price of this to a retail copy of XP in the states.

Yeah really.

'Hey my Fully Working Legit Os owns your Alpha build of the "NEX GEN" Os!'

HA!

;)

Then I'd call Microsoft and complain it isn't working properly!

Um... this new WinFS... its... um not working... what gives?

:p

Longey Nowze
Dec 2, 2003, 01:44 AM
when XP was released, I remember it was on a Thursday, I saw the official release on TV, on Friday I went to the computer district here, to my surprise they were offering pirtated copies of XP, I was like :confused: what happened to the millions of dollars spent on protection?! I was like good work!