Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renodion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
hello!

I bought my macbook back in February (just a week BEFORE their latest upgrade). I currently have 1GB of ram and I would like to upgrade it to 4GB, but I find the Apple memory wayyy overpriced so I'm looking for good alternatives. I see alot of Corsair ads so I downloaded their RAM scanner and a 4BG kit is only about 100 bucks... but I need your opinion : is it good memory?

thank you!

angel1286

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't heard anything about them myself, I brought my 4GB upgrade kit from other world computing(macsales.com) and it cost $91 with free shipping. I also hear that memory from crucial is good. Hope this helps.:)

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
you will be fine with corsair or really any type of brand. some people say even the no namers are fine which might be true, but try to get ram with a good name. also, installing is very easy, check out youtube or MR for guides, good luck!

greekpaz22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
I haven't heard anything about them in particular. But I did update my MBP with 4GB of PNY ram but I paid a little more for that (because I always use their products). The Mushkin that was recommended from egghead is pretty good though too!

Good call on the no Apple ram!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.