PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: iMac G5/2.0/17", HD issue (see for info)

mkrishnan
Jun 8, 2008, 03:05 PM
Can anyone provide advice in terms of price guidance, etc? (Also if anyone is interested in this Mac, please let me know.)

I have an iMac G5 Rev. B (ALS) / 17" / 2.0GHz / 2GB Ram / 160GB HD* that I'm thinking of getting rid of. It would come with licenses and media for Tiger (10.4), iLife '05 (comes on the system discs) and iLife '06 (retail pack). It also comes with an Apple Wireless KB (white) and Apple Wireless Mouse (one button).

The unusual issue with the computer is this: the SATA controller failed about a year ago, meaning that it is not able to support an internal HD. Everything else about it works. It would be sold with the original 160GB SATA drive in an IcyDock USB2/FW400 enclosure (a very nice externally powered enclosure). It is able to function completely with the external enclosure housing the main drive (the same one that was previously in the Mac), and has been used this way on a regular basis ever since the controller failure.

Reason for selling would be that I'm finally ready to get an Intel Mac... :o

(Gen'l terms: Sale would be limited to buyers in the US, payment via Paypal. Carrier negotiable. I have Heatware and eBay feedback available.)

ReanimationLP
Jun 8, 2008, 09:20 PM
They seem to go for around 400 or so on eBay and CL.

But because of the problem, I'd say 250-275 tops.

bamaworks
Jun 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
I'd give $200 for it.