Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bohoo2u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I got invited to a hiring event for an Apple Retail Position. This doesn't seem like a very formal part of the hiring process, so I am a little confused as to what to wear.

There are going to be a bunch of other people there, so I don't want to be overdressed. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on what to wear to this event?

I was thinking jeans and a polo, but if someone has been to one I would love to hear their insight.

rainmanbk

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2006
Dressing nicely is never going to hurt you. If everyone else is dressed like a slob, then you'll just stick out, and that can't be a bad thing. It shows you're serious and professional. Dressing like Jobs prolly won't give you a better chance, just make them think you're a tool. That's what I think.. ;)

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. They want to know the real you. You can email the person dealing with ur application if u feel it will give u peace of mind its wat I did. Went in casual me.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Depends on what you have to offer.Superstars can wear whatever. Everyone else has to look like they are not on drugs or mental.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
If you ask me you can never be too overdressed for an interview....but it's easy to be underdressed! :D

barney.jpg

msheldrick

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
if you want to look like steve you should wear these:

Black Mock Turtleneck by St.Croix
Levi's 501 Blue Jeans
New Balance 991 Shoes

shaunomacx

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Portsmouth
I got invited to a hiring event for an Apple Retail Position. This doesn't seem like a very formal part of the hiring process, so I am a little confused as to what to wear.

There are going to be a bunch of other people there, so I don't want to be overdressed. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on what to wear to this event?

I was thinking jeans and a polo, but if someone has been to one I would love to hear their insight.

at mine we were told to dress casual and basically just be ourselves. Seriously do DRESS casually thats what the Recruitment Apple team told us and we all did!

chrissmash

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
at mine we were told to dress casual and basically just be ourselves. Seriously do DRESS casually thats what the Recruitment Apple team told us and we all did!

I agree I was at the same event and felt over dressed as I had been to work, people showed up in shorts and a polo shirt so dont worry :)
:apple:

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007

yeah we werent told what to wear but i had been clever and emailed the manager beforehand to find out what to wear so went in with jeans tshirt and a hooded cardigan whoot whoot sure stood out to the rest with my red hair and peircings left in aswell went down well ;):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.