PDA

View Full Version : iPods are now sold at Crutchfield.com

MacBytes
Dec 1, 2003, 03:24 PM
Category: Apple Hardware
Link: iPods are now sold at Crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YGBrlZelTyU/apple/)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nickmcghie
Dec 1, 2003, 08:21 PM
check it out, they include free earphones!

FREE Earbud Headphones a $7.99 value

TomSmithMacEd
Dec 1, 2003, 08:48 PM
Oh I know that is where I am going to buy it now! He he, I've never heard of this store. Ohh well it is probably big in other places in the nation.

MoparShaha
Dec 1, 2003, 11:08 PM
Crutchfield is awesome. I always order from them, or at least use their website for product details. They are very knowledgeable of what they are selling (very rare in consumer electronics these days). I highly recommend them to anyone considering home or auto electronics. You won't be dissapointed.

ITR 81
Dec 2, 2003, 06:33 AM
Well it just goes to show you how popular the iPod is when more and more retail channels start carrying them.

eric_n_dfw
Dec 2, 2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by TomSmithMacEd
Oh I know that is where I am going to buy it now! He he, I've never heard of this store. Ohh well it is probably big in other places in the nation. I believe they are mail order only.

Mudbug
Dec 2, 2003, 06:10 PM
Crutchfield is a mail-order-only catalog company which is pretty much THE mail order service for people who are into car stereo customization. They've branched out quite a bit, offering home entertainment pieces, and now the ipod, but they're bread and butter is car stereos.

granex
Dec 3, 2003, 11:26 AM
The real strength of Crutchfield is their car stereo stuff. They create custom wiring kits for just about every car made.

A possible positive inpact of them selling iPods is that they will work on creating better car stereo-iPod integration kits, like some of the custom things we are already seen on the web. I'm sure that the digital car stereo market is a big reason why they are now carrying iPods. I bet that they do it right.