PDA

View Full Version : How much are these worth?

TSE
Jun 9, 2008, 10:35 AM
I seriously cannot find any information on these. I have a deal pending on them, but both me and him cannot find a price for them. He has an old powerbook for these.

They are two old Mac OS floppies, Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 7.6. Mac OS 8 is sealed, where as Mac OS 7.6 is still in the original packaging but opened.

I tried looking everywhere but couldn't find info. I am guessing these are extremely rare then?

Here is a picture of them:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=118930&d=1212797073

Please don't estimate a price, I only want educated guess maybe with some backup information about why it's that price.

fluidedge
Jun 9, 2008, 10:40 AM
I seriously cannot find any information on these. I have a deal pending on them, but both me and him cannot find a price for them. He has an old powerbook for these.

They are two old Mac OS floppies, Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 7.6. Mac OS 8 is sealed, where as Mac OS 7.6 is still in the original packaging but opened.

I tried looking everywhere but couldn't find info. I am guessing these are extremely rare then?

Here is a picture of them:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=118930&d=1212797073

Please don't estimate a price, I only want educated guess maybe with some backup information about why it's that price.

They're worthless. Why would anybody want them? Things aren't worth something because they're old/rare. People need to want something for it to be worth anything.

TSE
Jun 9, 2008, 10:51 AM
Once again I said he needed them for his powerbook.

OscarTheGrouch
Jun 9, 2008, 10:54 AM
Once again I said he needed them for his powerbook.

I couldnt ask for more than about 20.00 each for them personally. I don't really have anything to back that up other than it would be like someone wanting windows 95,98 or ME. its so old and out dated that there is no market for it, not to mention it's no longer supported. It may as well be freeware.

FWIW its on ebay.. 7.6 is going for between 5 and 20, and os 8 about 14.99

and those are CD's. I didnt see any floppies which means pretty much no commercial value at all.

TSE
Jun 9, 2008, 11:31 AM
but if the floppies are so rare that you can't find them anywhere.... wouldn't that make sense for a higher price? I'm not sure.

OscarTheGrouch
Jun 9, 2008, 11:43 AM
but if the floppies are so rare that you can't find them anywhere.... wouldn't that make sense for a higher price? I'm not sure.

If it was not software probably so, but the fact is that after a certain point software is essentially value-less. I mean try to get what you can for it, but I would think much more than 20.00 each would be gouging.

shu82
Jun 9, 2008, 12:04 PM

OS 8 on floppies is uber rare. He should fetch a good price from a collector. I would personally just download 7.5 from Apple for free. BTW, what is it for? Also, OS8 is like 20-30 disks. It seems you only have disk tools, which is a free download. I would say $1 a disk and add 10 if he has the whole set with box.

StrongBad
Jun 9, 2008, 04:26 PM
that's not the OS, it's just disk tools. I have a stack of disk tool floppies. not rare, and not collectible.

fluidedge
Jun 9, 2008, 04:42 PM
good catch.

Disk Tools!!

They'll make nice coasters.