PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day!

eyelikeart
May 12, 2002, 12:16 PM
I realize that 99.9% of us are men....but many of u guys are married w/children...(the famous Sinatra tune starts up in the background)

so just wishing your wives/mothers in particular a Happy Mother's Day! :D ;)

ps: don't flame me for coming off too corny...as I'm just avoiding seeing my family by being here at this very moment... ;) :eek:

macstudent
May 12, 2002, 12:52 PM
Shouldn't we be sending cards to Steve Jobs? He is the mother of apple you know.

Rower_CPU
May 12, 2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by macstudent
Shouldn't we be sending cards to Steve Jobs? He is the mother of apple you know.

I would argue that Wozniak would be more fitting as the maternal influence for Apple.

Be sure to wish your mothers, aunts, grandmas...heck, anyone female who's had a kid, a happy mother's day!

Mr. Anderson
May 12, 2002, 01:25 PM
I don't know, they could both be the fathers too. I don't see Woz as a mother, anyway.

Macmaniac
May 12, 2002, 01:34 PM
Hmm another great debate about who is the mother of Apple! My mom is having a great day! We should worship our moms for allowing us into this world of macs.

Rower_CPU
May 12, 2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I don't know, they could both be the fathers too. I don't see Woz as a mother, anyway.

I see Woz as more of the mother since he was the one slaving over the hardware and doing the actual creation, while Jobs was the brains and marketing side of it.

Ensign Paris
May 17, 2002, 04:17 AM
Mothers day in almost all countrys is different from the UK one, I got a real fright when I saw that it was mothers day on a site, I was really worried I had forgotten. :)

Ensign

iGav
May 17, 2002, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
Mothers day in almost all countrys is different from the UK one, I got a real fright when I saw that it was mothers day on a site, I was really worried I had forgotten. :)

Ensign

Heh heh... I know what you mean... I had to double take as well, I was like "I'm sure I bought my mum flowers and a card a couple of months ago??"

But that's the UK for you....... we're genuinely unique!!!

Oh ensign, what were your thoughts on the Austrian GP???? :p

Beej
May 17, 2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

Heh heh... I know what you mean... I had to double take as well, I was like "I'm sure I bought my mum flowers and a card a couple of months ago??"

But that's the UK for you....... we're genuinely unique!!!

Oh ensign, what were your thoughts on the Austrian GP???? :p Oh man, what a load of crap! They should not be allowed to do that! I guess if you make it illegal, they will just make i less obvious - the guy in front will not go full tilt and keep the guy in 2nd behind him for a couple of laps, then 1st will let 2nd past.

I can understand why they do it, but it just isn't racing.

Ensign Paris
May 17, 2002, 05:37 AM
I think it was unfair to Rube but I want schmi to get as many points as possible, I think they were right to do it, even if it was unfair on Rube, I want the championship to be closed as soon as possible because when it has they can race proper :)

Ensign

Ensign Paris
May 17, 2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Beej
Oh man, what a load of crap! They should not be allowed to do that! I guess if you make it illegal, they will just make i less obvious - the guy in front will not go full tilt and keep the guy in 2nd behind him for a couple of laps, then 1st will let 2nd past.

I can understand why they do it, but it just isn't racing.

If it were illegal they would just fake it, they should not make it illegal, I suppose it is not racing but it makes the following of F1 alot more interesting :)

Ensign

iGav
May 17, 2002, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
I think it was unfair to Rube but I want schmi to get as many points as possible, I think they were right to do it, even if it was unfair on Rube, I want the championship to be closed as soon as possible because when it has they can race proper :)

Ensign

Agreed..... I was watching down the pub, and up till the last corner, I thought rubens would win it.......

Although it's cool to see Rubens begin to push Schumi, I think this will push schumi even more, and really make his speed show.......

With regards to team orders, well schumi has taken too much flak for this, he's professional and obeyed his bosses, rubens could just as easily have disobeyed the orders as much as schumi could have....... let's not forget though that schumi spent from Hungary onwards last year, being prepared to move out of the way for rubens, or that schumi let eddie win in Malaysia in 99, or that McLaren had something iffy between DC and Mika in OZ in 98, and Jerez in 97, Pironi and villeneuve at imola 82, and Scheckter**and villeneuve in 79......... team orders have always been there, I just think it was alittle more apparant with Ferrari on the last corner, of the last lap, in front of the main grandstand....... you've got to admire there balls though......

it was a really good race up until then, it's ashame about the safety car and the accident, if that hadn't have happened, it would've been a very very close race, as schumi got the worst of the traffic during the pit stops, and safety cars.....

But certainly, if Ferrari can tie up the championships a.s.a.p, then at least we'll get some solid racing for the rest of the season.......!! Although the F2002 is such an amazingly fast car..... it could be difficult seeing any other driver apart from Ferrai win another race this year!!