Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justforfun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
I've loved my MBA from day 1. No complaints, aside from the space bar breaking, but that was quickly fixed. No issues with fans. Noticed it ran a little warm, but nothing extreme.

But it was winter!! It was cold outside. Heck, I probably welcomed the added warmth from my MBA. But now that it's 90+ degrees outside(we're having a heat wave in NYC), I am sweating bullets using this machine in my lap. I want to love you, MBA. I just don't want 3rd degree burns from you.

abzme

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2008
I had this same situation yesterday with mine in my apt. Yes it's too damn hot here in nyc right now. But my friend next to me was using his pro and it felt like a fireball. He couldn't even put it on his lap. My roommate later asked how it kept so cool -he was impressed.

I was worried the sweat on my legs would damage it though.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
absolutely true!!

I had this same situation yesterday with mine in my apt. Yes it's too damn hot here in nyc right now. But my friend next to me was using his pro and it felt like a fireball. He couldn't even put it on his lap. My roommate later asked how it kept so cool -he was impressed.

I was worried the sweat on my legs would damage it though.
I couldn't watch a movie on it yesterday, kept stuttering because it's so hot in the city right now!!!

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
I was playing with a friend's macbook pro this weekend, and trust me, the heat that the air generates is nothing comapred to the mbp....the underside was scalding....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.