PDA

View Full Version : JAlbum 4.0.6 - review of this web photo album generator.

MacBytes
Dec 2, 2003, 09:25 AM
Category: Reviews
Link: JAlbum 4.0.6 - review of this web photo album generator. (http://www.applelegal.com/comments.php?id=112_0_1_0_C)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

gerardrj
Dec 2, 2003, 10:14 AM
If your a Mac user and use iPhoto, this program is nearly useless. It does not interface with iPhoto's albums or meta information., you have to scan through the iPhoto filder heierarchy to locate the files you want to export.

If you use this app to create photo albums, there's no way to include comments/text with the photos. With iPhoto you get photo orinization, simple editing, and export to the Web with comments, scaled and formatted printing, etc.

To me this program (on the Mac) is like buying a Palm Pilot to keep track of what programs are on your Tivo.

On a side note: Why did they use a Java based installer for this? On the Mac this should be a simple drag-and-drop installation of a .jar or .app file.

pgwalsh
Dec 2, 2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by gerardrj
If your a Mac user and use iPhoto, this program is nearly useless. It does not interface with iPhoto's albums or meta information., you have to scan through the iPhoto filder heierarchy to locate the files you want to export.

If you use this app to create photo albums, there's no way to include comments/text with the photos. With iPhoto you get photo orinization, simple editing, and export to the Web with comments, scaled and formatted printing, etc.

To me this program (on the Mac) is like buying a Palm Pilot to keep track of what programs are on your Tivo.

On a side note: Why did they use a Java based installer for this? On the Mac this should be a simple drag-and-drop installation of a .jar or .app file. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe with iPhoto you can only export to a .mac account.. This you can put on any web server you want. Granted iPhoto is easy, but this application is pretty easy too and you can export it to your "OWN" web server.. :D :cool:

edit: oh and you can include comments etc. Just look at the edit pain.