Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rscott505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I know this may not be particularly germane to this forum, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the keynote from today's WWDC is available on :apple:TV. I checked podcasts and could not find it.

I think I recall watching the March 6th event on :apple:TV, but now I can't recall if I downloaded it, and then placed it in iTunes and then synced it to the :apple:TV. (Age will do that)

Thanks in advance.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
I think if you can figure out how to download the actual quicktime file, you can sync (or stream) it to the ATV. Just not sure how to do that. I'm wondering, myself.

mowogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2004
San Gabriel, CA
Podcast

It will show up in a day or so as a Podcast, so yes you will be able to view it on the ATV. I've watched a bit of it, and it's not too scintillating, but maybe it'll float your boat.

Cheers!

rscott505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I agree

It will show up in a day or so as a Podcast, so yes you will be able to view it on the ATV. I've watched a bit of it, and it's not too scintillating, but maybe it'll float your boat.

Cheers!

Thanks for the information. I assumed it would show up as a podcast, but when I didn't see it with previous podcasts, and after it was up on Apple's site, I began to wonder.

As for it probably not being all that scintillating, I agree. I was reading the live blog from macrumors at work, and basically stopped since it seemed pretty boring. Even so, I still like to see the keynotes for myself.

I wonder if there will be another event right before launch to better explain App Store.

Thanks.

mrlunch

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2006
San Diego, CA
What I don't understand is why it takes so long to show up on Apple TV. You would think if you can download it from Apple.com it would also be available via the Apple TV Keynote podcast. Little disappointing.

dbwie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2007
Albuquerque, NM, USA
now available

In iTunes as of Tuesday morning, you can subscribe to the podcast "Apple Special Events" and download Monday's WWDC Keynote, as well as the last 2 MWSF Keynotes. Then sync iTunes to appleTV. I did this and watched the keynote on AppleTV. Also, I downloaded to my desktop the MobileMe tutorial as a quicktime movie from Apple's website. Imported it into iTunes (File -> Import, then select the quicktime file) and transferred that to the AppleTV as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.