Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Will i also get everything inckuded in the january upgrade. (as i do not have it)

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
good question and I guess the only thing to say right now is wait and see what july brings really as I dont think this has been mentioned

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
I'd have to say presumptuously yes, since alot of the apps an dupgrades will be working with some key Jan software upgrade apps

but then again, you may be able to purchase 2.0 software and have to install the Jan upgrade maybe for a smaller fee?

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
90% chance no.
If they were including the JSU with v2.0, Steve would of said so while discussing the release. There's still a chance, but I highly doubt it. Maybe on July 11th we'll find out that it does, and Steve didn't say it yesterday because JSU buyers would be pissed (v2.0 is going to go for $9.95, JSU went for $19.95)

beaglebark

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
They will!

They must. The JSU was pulled from the iTunes store, and I called apple 2 times and both the agents after realizing i could not get it decided that it would be pulled for the update in July.

(BTW, if anyone is having problems upgrading the the JSU too, pls let me know!)

OMG MasterChief

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
I belive your right. the day before june 10 i restored my ipod to get ready for the june 2.0 update and when i did I got the add for the january update through itunes . Then on june 10 i decided to update anyways and now it dosent work.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
On the contrary to my earlier post, I actually think Steve might have a few surprises. Maybe a June 27th release for 2.0 including the JSU.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Well, if the past updates are included in the new update I'll definitely be buying it, but it not I'll have to really consider if I want to spend $30 to do what I've been doing, more or less, with a jailbroken iPod since I bought it.

That said, I think the $10 update will NOT include the apps from the previous update but those applications will be available individually from the App Store. Not sure on the pricing, but the last update was, what, Mail, Maps, Stocks, and Calendar right? So, $5 each was the old price, but I think they might give away Stocks and Maps and charge $5 each for Mail and Calendar (the more useful of the four).

I'm curious to see if someone will just develop and give away competing apps for Mail and Calendar. They're both good programs, but there's plenty of room for improvement in them both so would make good freeware/opensource projects, especially if Apple keeps charging for them.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Well, if the past updates are included in the new update I'll definitely be buying it, but it not I'll have to really consider if I want to spend $30 to do what I've been doing, more or less, with a jailbroken iPod since I bought it.

That said, I think the $10 update will NOT include the apps from the previous update but those applications will be available individually from the App Store. Not sure on the pricing, but the last update was, what, Mail, Maps, Stocks, and Calendar right? So, $5 each was the old price, but I think they might give away Stocks and Maps and charge $5 each for Mail and Calendar (the more useful of the four).

I'm curious to see if someone will just develop and give away competing apps for Mail and Calendar. They're both good programs, but there's plenty of room for improvement in them both so would make good freeware/opensource projects, especially if Apple keeps charging for them.

it included Mail, Maps, Notes, Weather, and Stocks. but i wish they would of let you decide which apps to download the first time they released it. i wouldn't have downloaded weather and stocks cause i rarely use them

Micro78

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2008
It seemed to me that the new price for the upgrade to 2.0 is $10. I am familiar with Apple's skewed logic, I am one who had my promised time machine/ airport feature removed after buying. Only to have it replaced with a finicky unsupported feature. But, I think that the 2.0 would be the newest 'Full Featured' software. Just like a upgrade from 10.4 to 10.5 would be. Maybe Apple just lowered the price. An awful lot of people were bitching about the $20 price. Also, if they removed the old package would have to be included in the new OS upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.