PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Music Transfer

julio31
Jun 10, 2008, 02:06 PM
I accidentally deleted some of my music from my computer, but they are still on my iPod. What is the easiest way to get them back on my computer so I can listen to them in iTunes?

gauchogolfer
Jun 10, 2008, 02:10 PM
Are you on a Mac or a PC?

julio31
Jun 10, 2008, 02:17 PM
sorry. I gots a PC

gauchogolfer
Jun 10, 2008, 02:19 PM
If you were on a Mac I'd suggest Senuti. For PC I think Anapod is pretty good.

dukebound85
Jun 10, 2008, 02:25 PM
If you were on a Mac I'd suggest Senuti. For PC I think Anapod is pretty good.

only if you have a non ipod touch/iphone ipod will senuti work

julio31
Jun 10, 2008, 02:28 PM
thanks, I'll try it :)

i.shaun
Jun 10, 2008, 03:27 PM
does advanced>> Consolidate library not do it? I thought that's what it was for

I use it for copying from one iTunes folder to a new iTunes folder (on my maxtor 300GB HDD) but after some problems, I transfered it all back to iTunes default folder

If anyone has a Maxtor, and you simply try to sync your library with the HDD for backup purposes -- Don't do it.

I did, and Maxtor would do something to the file on the external drive to make it seem like the "new" file out of the two -- and then ask if I want to sync old or new

That caused some bad library problems, and I almost lost a bunch of music because of it. I deleted all of them (kept the files) and tried to re-add them, most added fine, but some were missing (due to the syncing)

so I go to the external drive, and try to copy to library, but keep getting erros "disk shaun could not be read from or written to"

After some reboots, i eventually got them all to copy more or less. Never doing that again.