PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: New 8Gb ipod Touch.

tMac85
Jun 10, 2008, 05:08 PM
What do you think I could get for my 8Gb ipod touch. Its unopened. My grandmother got it for me, not knowing i already had a 16 gb. My mother says not to ask for receipt from her, it was my grandmothers 'great' idea" and she would be upset to know her gift didnt work out. blah blah blah...

anyway...280? shipped?

or less

thanks

MattZani
Jun 10, 2008, 05:30 PM
your gonna have a hard time, as the market will be flooded with the 8Gb Touches soon from the back to school promotion.

I was actually expecting "Barcode removed for rebate" yadda yadda...

im_to_hyper
Jun 10, 2008, 05:38 PM
Otherwise, try bringing it to an Apple store of some sort and get in-store credit? Mention its a gift that you can't use since you already have one, they could probably do it. PS this should be in the iPhone subforum.

marclapierre13
Jun 10, 2008, 05:51 PM
Otherwise, try bringing it to an Apple store of some sort and get in-store credit? Mention its a gift that you can't use since you already have one, they could probably do it. PS this should be in the iPhone subforum.

Why would an ipod touch go in the iphone marketplace?

queshy
Jun 10, 2008, 05:59 PM
no way are you gonna get that much for it. My iPod touch 16 barely is selling for 270 haha

tMac85
Jun 10, 2008, 06:08 PM
ok well im tryin to sell and get the most i can, i want to put it towards a new macbook.

what if i sold my ipod touch 16GB. kept the 8gb. I really only use it for movies and internet. The 16 is in great condition. In an incase and invisible shield from day one. How much would i get for that?

techlover828
Jun 10, 2008, 06:56 PM
ok well im tryin to sell and get the most i can, i want to put it towards a new macbook.

what if i sold my ipod touch 16GB. kept the 8gb. I really only use it for movies and internet. The 16 is in great condition. In an incase and invisible shield from day one. How much would i get for that?

considering I just bought queshy's 16gb new for 270, your looking at like 240-260 tops, maybe look to ebay...

tMac85
Jun 10, 2008, 07:11 PM
16 Gb are 400 bucks.

270 was a steal. thats not common.

techlover828
Jun 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
16 Gb are 400 bucks.

270 was a steal. thats not common.

true, but they have come down a lot, I just sold one in good condition for 270, so maybe you can get 290 tops.

queshy
Jun 10, 2008, 07:26 PM
I think yesterdays announcements devalued my iPod touch quite a bit.

It's harder to sell the iPod because people see the 8 gb iPhone for 199 and 16 gb for 299. I know you need a plan and contract and what not, but the reality is it's just harder to sell now. At Future Shop, the 16 gb is 369 + tax, so I'm willing to take a hit i.e. sell for $280. After all, I paid $477 a few days ago for the same iPod I just sold, and I will get a credit of $319 back. 477 - 319 = 158, but I sold the iPod for $270, meaning I made a profit of $112. Not bad, I suppose.

I think I made a good business decision: in a few weeks time, the market will indeed be flooded with 8 gb ipods that college students are trying to flip on ebay or MR or whatever. Another factor is that in Canada, you need to physically remove the UPC (lame) vs. in the US you can scan it. This act alone makes it slightly harder to sell. I'm also anticipating some price drops in the future. The transaction I made didn't cost me money. Sure, I could have tried it on ebay and maybe gotten 310 tops, but I trust MR a lot, and the next time I need to sell something on here, I'll have good feedback and it will be easier for me.

tMac85
Jun 10, 2008, 07:34 PM
well all these people are now getting free ipod touches with their mac purchases. can they not return the ipods for a refund, or just get a 299 discount on the computer?

taylorwilsdon
Jun 10, 2008, 07:50 PM
well all these people are now getting free ipod touches with their mac purchases. can they not return the ipods for a refund, or just get a 299 discount on the computer?

You can't return them, meaning there will be tons for sale.

You will have to sell *really soon* if you want to get the value out of it. Otherwise, they'll become commodities, like the 28-135mm zoom lenses from Canon (they sold for $500, but since they were in every kit they dropped to $250 new).

queshy
Jun 10, 2008, 07:51 PM

unfortunately not. You either take it or you don't, but there's no choosing between an iPod and a discount.

im_to_hyper
Jun 10, 2008, 09:58 PM
Oh you're right. I'm to the point I can't tell the difference in the title :P

rpaloalto
Jun 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
Just tell your grandma that it broke, and that apple will fix it. Tell her that you need the receipt.

Just incase she can't find it or doesn't have it any more. Tell here that they still will fix it, but they will have to look the sale up through the serial number, and that can take a extra week or two. No big deal.