Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrbill317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I have the portable , desktop, service and support exams done.
I really wanted to take a shot at the server test.

How hard is it? I would take the one for 10.5 , I do have the Osbourne Mac Training Series OSX Server essentials book.

thx

45 views and no response. Has anyone taken this test?

farbeyond

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2008
I just started studying for the 10.5 exam, I'm using the "Apple Training Series Mac OSX Server Essentials 2nd Edition" book by Peachpit"...

I'm just waiting to get a Mac Mini so I can do some of the practical stuff. If only VMWARE would pull their fingers out and release Fusion with support for OS X Server :mad:

Judo

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2002
New Zealand
I've been told it's the hardest exam they offer

I did a 3 day Apple course for the exam but knew I would not have the knowledge to pass so I still haven't done it yet.

I'm sure if you have a decent background knowledge (Users and groups, permissions, networking, services, etc, etc) and put enough study in you should be fine though.

Sep 20, 2007
Leopard server certs

Yeh I am currently going through the book and the lynda.com videos pretty good so far, but I got a couple xserve's spare to follow the guides on.. you can use parallels server to VM leopard server there is a beta out there. :apple:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
It was harder than I thought.
I studied, but not enough. I mean, I passed, but definitely could have studied more.
The book should be enough (coupled with practical experience), but make sure you read it cover to cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.