PDA

View Full Version : iPhone SDK: Successive Touches?

warstrekkid
Jun 12, 2008, 06:51 PM
So I'm working on an iPhone app where I need it to deal with successive touches. In other words, one finger goes down, is held on the screen, and another finger goes down somewhere else. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty with touchesBegan even recognizing the second finger going down. Right now, it recognizes multi-touch if they go down together. Does anyone know if successive touches are recognized (and I'm doing it wrong), or will I have to scrap this plan?

darkpaw
Jun 13, 2008, 02:24 AM
So I'm working on an iPhone app where I need it to deal with successive touches. In other words, one finger goes down, is held on the screen, and another finger goes down somewhere else. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty with touchesBegan even recognizing the second finger going down. Right now, it recognizes multi-touch if they go down together. Does anyone know if successive touches are recognized (and I'm doing it wrong), or will I have to scrap this plan?
It's not a solution, but you can check to see if the second touch is recognised with something like:
NSUInteger numTaps = [[touches anyObject] tapCount];
if(numTaps >= 2) {
}