Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaud68

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I set a wallpaper up but it only shows up when I reactivate power to the screen is there any way to have your wallpaper behind your icons like on a desktop ?

Michaud68

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
The wallpaper only shows up when I hit the sleep/wake button my question was is that the only time you can see your wallpaper because it would be nice to see it behind all the icons on the home screen

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Yes, but you need to be jailbroken with summerboard, or (even better) Customize RC1, with freeboard

Justinthesaint

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
This is my first iPod is it difficult to jailbreak or can any do it ?

First, if you decide to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod touch and Apple finds out about it, you will no longer have a warranty with Apple (because Apple can't varify that the jailbreak software is safe for the iPhone and because Apple didn't create the jailbreak software). So, if you jailbreak and something messes up you iPhone/iPod touch, you will be responsible.

To jailbreak quickly and easily, I recommend using ZiPhone.

•Go to http://www.ziphone.org
•Click the link on the top of the screen. It should say something like "Download Main"
•Then click the one that applies to you (windows or mac).
•Then go into the application and click "Jailbreak" (under "iPhone/iPod touch").

That's it. It's very simple. Then you can go into the new application on your homescreen called "Installer" and find SummerBoard or FreeBoard (and also Customize if you want) and they will allow you to add an image in your backround, as well as a lot of other functions.

Michaud68

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
First, if you decide to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod touch and Apple finds out about it, you will no longer have a warranty with Apple (because Apple can't varify that the jailbreak software is safe for the iPhone and because Apple didn't create the jailbreak software). So, if you jailbreak and something messes up you iPhone/iPod touch, you will be responsible.

To jailbreak quickly and easily, I recommend using ZiPhone.

•Go to http://www.ziphone.org
•Click the link on the top of the screen. It should say something like "Download Main"
•Then click the one that applies to you (windows or mac).
•Then go into the application and click "Jailbreak" (under "iPhone/iPod touch").

That's it. It's very simple. Then you can go into the new application on your homescreen called "Installer" and find SummerBoard or FreeBoard (and also Customize if you want) and they will allow you to add an image in your backround, as well as a lot of other functions.

Thanks for the info Justinthesaint greatly appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.