PDA

View Full Version : Major issues with brand new iPod Nano 4GB

ReignFalling
Jun 12, 2008, 09:59 PM
Ok, I just got a new iPod nano from PCconnection.com and something is terribly wrong. I plug it in, but ( this is the wierd part ) iTunes can't seem to understand there is a iPod connected, because it reads it, then it doesn't, it reads it then it doesn't, ect. I can't sync it because I get an error message saying that my iPod doesn't have the correct folder. Things seem to be crashing all the time, for example, I tried to access my iPod directly through My Computer by Opening it, but after a couple seconds the window crashes. :mad:

I don't know whats wrong because this is brand new, right out of the box, and there is something terribly wrong with it. I have tried calling support...but the service is closed because of the timeframe ( 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m).

If anyone could help....I will give you a cookie :D just kidding, but still, I would very much apreciate someone's help.

One more thing...I have a feeling that the iPod is corrupted or something...idk:confused:

hank-b
Jun 17, 2008, 02:11 AM
Do you (or a friend) have another iPod you can connect up and attempt to sync? Try this and try another iPod-USB cable. This will tell you whether the problem is with the iPod, the cable, or your MacOS/iTunes config.

HB

flyinmac
Jun 17, 2008, 02:22 AM
Have you tried the Apple techniques in these two articles?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1339

Mine acts up quite frequently. It will get to where iTunes won't sync with it. Or, it will hang on a screen (like any of the navigational menus on the iPod screen), or won't turn off, or won't turn on. And, usually resetting it will get it back in order.

Sometimes it will take about 10 or 15 tries to reset it (often attempted resetting does nothing until I've done it more times than it takes to think it's really dead).

Anyway, give the above articles a try. Try resetting multiple times (like a lot) if it doesn't reset the first time.

If that doesn't work, try the restore method in the second article.

edesignuk
Jun 17, 2008, 02:26 AM
If it's brand new there's a simple answer to this. Take it right back....er, send it back rather. If it doesn't work out of the box that doesn't exactly bode well for the future.

ReignFalling
Jun 19, 2008, 11:05 PM
thanks everyone. I have sent it back, and from what I hear ( my mom has been messing with it ) it works, so I think I am satisfied.

thanks again.:D