PDA

View Full Version : Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, CA

aditghai
Jun 14, 2008, 02:21 AM
Just starting a thread to gather people who will be at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto

guru_ck
Jun 14, 2008, 02:25 AM
Just starting a thread to gather people who will be at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto

I'm going to check out the Los Gatos store first but worst case I will head up to the two locations in Palo Alto. Maybe we could start a twitter group and text each other updates on the lines at various locations?

aditghai
Jun 14, 2008, 02:33 AM
Sure
I'm down

guru_ck
Jun 14, 2008, 02:46 AM
Sure
I'm down

Cool, let's see if we can get any other Bay Area locals into this thread.

What time are you going to head over to the Stanford Store if it's released at 6PM?

aditghai
Jun 14, 2008, 02:57 AM
I am going to request a day off from work. I will probably go there at noon?
What do you think-is that too early or too late?
Last time, I went to the AT&T store in Palo Alto at 3:00 and I was the 15th person in line

dacreativeguy
Jun 14, 2008, 11:52 AM
There won't be a huge line this time around and there will be plenty of iphones for all who want one. I went to the Apple Store at Valley Fair at 9PM on iDay last year and there was no line and plenty of phones. Don't waste your time.

mntentman
Jun 14, 2008, 04:18 PM
But if people waste their time standing it in line, it is more "special"... an event, not just a cell phone.

aditghai
Jun 14, 2008, 05:53 PM
There won't be a huge line this time around and there will be plenty of iphones for all who want one. I went to the Apple Store at Valley Fair at 9PM on iDay last year and there was no line and plenty of phones. Don't waste your time.

Dude,
Its not about the phone. Its about being a Fan Boy.

SFStateStudent
Jun 14, 2008, 06:16 PM
I agree^^^there's a bunch of "noobs" that just don't get it! But that's even better for the rest of us that do get it! I'd go to the Stanfuurd Shopping Center, but I'm a Cal Golden Bear and I'd probably get chased outta' the peninsula area, sorry!

paenguin
Jun 14, 2008, 08:02 PM
is there a requirement for purchasing the iPhone 3G since it would be connected to an AT&T line? thanks!

still thinking of 3 areas, Stanford Shopping Center, Los Gatos, or Valley Fair...

or i wonder if they would sell it at the company store in the infinity loop campus..

aditghai
Jun 14, 2008, 08:20 PM
is there a requirement for purchasing the iPhone 3G since it would be connected to an AT&T line? thanks!

still thinking of 3 areas, Stanford Shopping Center, Los Gatos, or Valley Fair...

or i wonder if they would sell it at the company store in the infinity loop campus..

No Requirement. I think you only sign up for a 2 yr contract thats it.

aaquib
Jun 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
I am going to request a day off from work. I will probably go there at noon?
What do you think-is that too early or too late?
Last time, I went to the AT&T store in Palo Alto at 3:00 and I was the 15th person in line

This time it may be worst, due to the 12-15 minutes it'll take you to get the AT&T contract signed. I think I'm going to stop by at Noon, see if there's a line, and if not come back at about 2:00 or 3:00.

aditghai
Jun 14, 2008, 08:36 PM
This time it may be worst, due to the 12-15 minutes it'll take you to get the AT&T contract signed. I think I'm going to stop by at Noon, see if there's a line, and if not come back at about 2:00 or 3:00.

Good idea

tmbrwlf
Jun 16, 2008, 01:55 AM
I am planning on being at the Los Gatos Store. I will be there in the morning! I will be Tweeting my progress all day for a few followers and a couple of non-local news websites! I wouldn't mind getting Tweets from other locals doing the same thing at different local stores! You can send me a tweet at @tmbrwlf. This should be fun and oh BTW...if you have a bad attitude about this then GTFO of these threads!

aditghai
Jun 16, 2008, 03:05 AM
Exactly. I double that. If you have a bad attitude. This whole website is not for you. This website is by a fanboys for fanboys

EspressoLove
Jun 16, 2008, 03:31 AM
Oh guys, you crazy :p
... and I like that :rolleyes::D

Thinking about joining you, if only for fun, as I don't have funds now to replace my gen.1 iPhone.

Frankly I'm hoping for some kind of loophole to be discovered:confused:, so I don't have to subscribe to 2y. contract:mad:

aditghai
Jun 16, 2008, 04:17 AM
Oh man
I just sold my iPhone on ebay 1 day before the WWDC announcement. Sold for $225. You shud try that. Maybe you can get $100 or maybe more if someone buys it in a foreign country where the phone is not launching on july 11th.

Good luck man

ssonicblue
Jul 9, 2008, 11:26 PM
I'll be showing up at Palo Alto (University Ave., not SSC) sometime between o6oo and o73o on Friday, if only for the fun. Too young to pay for the phone, so getting one ain't guaranteed. :P See you all there!

pscoble
Jul 10, 2008, 12:00 AM
I might be going to any of the Bay Area stores but I'll be in SF in the morning so I'll check there first but I have a feeling I'll probably end up going to the Palo Alto store first out of the Bay Area stores since I was there last year and is a nice store in general. I bet I'll be able to walk in and buy one at any of the stores but I'm still sorta concerned that they might sell out.