Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s.hoz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Custer
So I got a 2ghz iMac a few months ago. First Mac, and it's amazing.
I'm not a HUGE gamer, but I think I might want to load XP onto it. Just If I feel I want to play the Sims 2 or some other Microsoft-only game.
Do you think it's a smart thing to do? I got a Mac so I could stray away from windows, but I would still like to play games.
How much room does XP take, anyway? I have about 200gb on my Mac still because I have a external.
Anyone got tips?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
its fine! its only Windows :eek:… if your scared about viruses and you dont game online just dont connect to the net.

i have a 10GB partition and about 4 GB is free with a few apps installed. so if youre planning to game 20 to 30 GB should suffice.

tonygixxer

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2008
go for it

i have imac 24-2.4ghz-2gig ram 100gig parti and use ms flightsim 2004 with no prob under xp.i just had a bloody virus but luckely i could access my hardrive from mac side to rescue my files.

installed avast free and seems to be doing great i.e found the pesky virus on a disk i had :eek:

chow

s.hoz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Custer
I'm not an online gamer, so the net will not be meeting up with my xp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.