PDA

View Full Version : Menlo Park, NJ

tjespo22
Jun 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
anyone going to be there for the iphone 3g? i was on line for iphonev1 and ill be there for this one.

espo

rom
Jun 14, 2008, 09:19 PM
If I were staying with the in-laws in Edison, I'd be there to line up as well. :D

breedofone
Jun 15, 2008, 12:50 AM
yeah me and the girl should be there.:D

cynr4eva
Jun 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm from Staten Island also, wasn't sure if I was going to stay on the island or go to Menlo Park...I'll probably end up going there, though.

rtmadden
Jun 18, 2008, 07:20 AM
this will be my 2nd stop if my 1st option fails.

nioted
Jun 18, 2008, 07:29 AM
I was also there on day one. I got there around 2:30 pm last time and the line was already next to Abercrombie. This time I will show up around 6 pm but I know that the lines will be so much longer. There is also an ATT store right next to it but I doubt they will have as many iphone 3g's in stock like the Apple store. I hope they dont sell out before midnight.

dswinograd
Jun 21, 2008, 02:34 PM
ill be there

tjespo22
Jun 22, 2008, 11:28 PM
im getting there early like i did for the first launch, i was #6 out of 250+ ppl. i dont want to go to the one in staten island just becuase there will be a bunch of rich bro's there saying yo bro this phone is the best bro you know bro? i cant take that b.s so ill be at menlo!

tom

cynr4eva
Jun 23, 2008, 03:38 PM
i dont want to go to the one in staten island just becuase there will be a bunch of rich bro's there saying yo bro this phone is the best bro you know bro? i cant take that b.s so ill be at menlo!

haha that's the exact same thing I was thinking.

BeyondtheTech
Jun 24, 2008, 09:22 AM
My brother and I took the day off, so we'll be there on line at the Apple store. I'll be wearing my custom designed iPhone 3G shirt. LOL

Macs&Mazdas
Jul 2, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hey Everyone,

It looks like the Iphone will be released at 8 AM on July 11th. Is anyone going to show up on July 10th and stay over?

Macs&Mazdas

cynr4eva
Jul 2, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hey Everyone,

It looks like the Iphone will be released at 8 AM on July 11th. Is anyone going to show up on July 10th and stay over?

Macs&Mazdas

I'll be at AT&T which is right across for the Apple store, because I'm switching over from Verizon... still not sure what time ill be there, but I was thinking something like 6am.

dswinograd
Jul 3, 2008, 01:10 AM
I'll be at AT&T which is right across for the Apple store, because I'm switching over from Verizon... still not sure what time ill be there, but I was thinking something like 6am.

im in the same boat...im gonna go to the att store accross from apple because im switching from verizon and need to port my number...i wonder if they will open before the rest of the stores in the mall or if we have to wait till the mall opens

RSixGuy
Jul 3, 2008, 07:12 AM
im in the same boat...im gonna go to the att store accross from apple because im switching from verizon and need to port my number...i wonder if they will open before the rest of the stores in the mall or if we have to wait till the mall opens

I'm in the same boat, so it looks like I will be heading to the AT&T store as well. Can the Apple store assist with the port or is it only the AT&T store? To help along with the port I'm bringing a copy of my last wireless bill from Verizon but is there anything else I'm going to need? On the AT&T iReady video they make mention of having your password or PIN (if applicable), is this something we would have?

edog72
Jul 4, 2008, 02:03 AM
For anyone who went to Menlo for the last launch... how early did you have to get there? Was the mall open or did you have to wait outside?

How many should we expect lined up at 8am?

I'm trying to decide if I need to take a day off of work or if I can go in late. Any advice will be much appreciated.

dswinograd
Jul 4, 2008, 01:16 PM
For anyone who went to Menlo for the last launch... how early did you have to get there? Was the mall open or did you have to wait outside?

How many should we expect lined up at 8am?

I'm trying to decide if I need to take a day off of work or if I can go in late. Any advice will be much appreciated.

i wasnt there for the first launch but my friend is a manager at the apple store and he said that they wont let people in the mall untill it opens...and the mall dosnt open till 10am...he isnt sure yet if he can persuade mall security to allow them open at 8, i guess when the day gets closer we will hear more.

i cant take the day off of work so if they cant open till 10 ill be going to an att store that opens at 8...

robtraut
Jul 9, 2008, 07:46 AM
i wasnt there for the first launch but my friend is a manager at the apple store and he said that they wont let people in the mall untill it opens...and the mall dosnt open till 10am...he isnt sure yet if he can persuade mall security to allow them open at 8, i guess when the day gets closer we will hear more.

i cant take the day off of work so if they cant open till 10 ill be going to an att store that opens at 8...

I called the Apple store yesterday, and they said they will be open at 8, but they didn't know where we'd be able to line up.

I usually start work at 8. I'm trying to adjust my schedule so I can wait for them to open.

-Rob

born4sky
Jul 9, 2008, 09:08 AM
so far not a lot people. I'd probably will be there by 9 am

tjespo22
Jul 9, 2008, 11:01 AM
has anyone been there recently? is there ppl on line yet?

thanks
tom

tjespo22
Jul 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
i just called, they said the mall will open at 8m but wont be open all night to let us stay inside.
espo

levitynyc
Jul 9, 2008, 11:57 AM
Sweet. I'll go on my way to work in the morning.

cynr4eva
Jul 9, 2008, 09:08 PM
i just called, they said the mall will open at 8m but wont be open all night to let us stay inside.
espo

Nice, I'll be there bright and early. I just wish we knew what entrance we should be at...Are you guys thinking first or second floor?

robtraut
Jul 10, 2008, 07:44 AM
Nice, I'll be there bright and early. I just wish we knew what entrance we should be at...Are you guys thinking first or second floor?

I'm stopping by the mall on my way home from work this afternoon and will ask about where to line up outside. Hopefully either the Apple store or mall security will know.

I'd have to figure it should either be a 2nd level entrance close to the store, or 1 of the 1st level entrances that open at 7:30 for mall-walking. But I'll let you know what I find out later.

levitynyc
Jul 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
Cool, let me know tonight

fdot
Jul 10, 2008, 05:19 PM
so i guess no one will be in staten island... sweeet.. i will have to deal with all the meatheads myself... thanks guys

levitynyc
Jul 10, 2008, 05:27 PM
I HATE Staten Island. I went to Farrell High school and after dealing with all the dicks there, I swore I would never move to SI.

fdot
Jul 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
i live here, but i dont like the people... aka meat heads

robtraut
Jul 10, 2008, 06:07 PM
At the Apple store, they said the mall will be open early and people will be able to line up for either Apple or AT&T. She said the mall would open sometime between 6 and 8, but they hadn't been told what entrances would be open.

At mall services they told me the mall won't open before 7. Don't get there early, there's no overnight parking, and no waiting around. (Yes, I'm sure that will stop us.) They also wouldn't say what entrance to use.

So I'm thinking I'll get there around 6:30, park and wait on the upper level of the parking deck at the door right around the corner from the Apple store, by Abercrombie.

robtraut
Jul 10, 2008, 06:11 PM
almost forgot- they also said they're going to be very heavily staffed, so hopefully things will move along well.

fdot
Jul 10, 2008, 06:31 PM
last year, i know the staten island store had tons of fones at midnight when i went for a case ... and tons of people working

cynr4eva
Jul 10, 2008, 08:42 PM
so i guess no one will be in staten island... sweeet.. i will have to deal with all the meatheads myself... thanks guys

LOL...so come to Menlo with us, then!

Thanks Rob for all the info. Definitely helpful, and I'll probably be doing the same thing as you. I cannot wait any longer!!!

cynr4eva
Jul 10, 2008, 09:30 PM
Here's the floorplan: http://www.simon.com/mall/print_floorplan.aspx?ID=113

So, just to clarify, which is the most logical entrance? It could very well be either the one between the I's or the one next to the cineplex. The problem is that they're on opposite sides of the mall, so which do we go to?

Edit: Is that even an entrance next to the cineplex?

levitynyc
Jul 10, 2008, 10:17 PM
Yes, there is an entrance next to the Cineplex. Its the top level of the deck.

robtraut
Jul 10, 2008, 10:35 PM
Here's the floorplan: http://www.simon.com/mall/print_floorplan.aspx?ID=113

So, just to clarify, which is the most logical entrance? It could very well be either the one between the I's or the one next to the cineplex. The problem is that they're on opposite sides of the mall, so which do we go to?

Edit: Is that even an entrance next to the cineplex?

I was planning on using the door between the "I"s because it's the closest one to the Apple store. (I think it's also the closest to AT&T)

You're welcome. I'm glad I was able to contribute. Thanks to Espo too for getting us started, and everybody else who's been participating.

I'm excited now, I'm ready to go. :D
I'll see you all tomorrow.

levitynyc
Jul 10, 2008, 10:55 PM
Where u gonna park? Car type?

Ill be there around 7.

Black TL

cynr4eva
Jul 10, 2008, 11:10 PM
Guess I'll be at that entrance Rob mentioned at ~6:30.

Infiniti G20.

levitynyc
Jul 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
ok I'm bringing my 1st gen iPhone. I'm going to bed now but I'll post a soon as I'm close to the mall.

levitynyc
Jul 11, 2008, 05:33 AM
on my way.
Is it open yet?

born4sky
Jul 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
Just came back from the mall, there is huge line for both att and apple store. I'd say about at least 300 people.
I'll try to go there later on today one more time ... I don't want to stand in the line for few hours like a retard.

tjespo22
Jul 11, 2008, 09:14 AM
i got there last night at 9pm, was fine until 11pm until a fat ass security gard that would like to pretend he was a cop kicked us off mall property so we drove around for a bit then parked near ihop and just watched the ramp to see if ppl were cutting us off becuase we were the first ones there. so we seen that the security guard kept kicking the other people out too.. eventually we met up with other ppl made a list then went to walk upstairs and there was all people on line already on the stairwell so we were screwed, when they let us line up near the door to the mall ppl came out of cars and every direction possible so i ended up about 30th in line or so.. but im home and got my phone.. but the itunes store isnt cooperating :( oh well im going to bed its 10:15 and im on 1 hr of sleep

espo

born4sky
Jul 11, 2008, 10:08 AM
is there still a line?

cynr4eva
Jul 11, 2008, 10:10 AM
i got there last night at 9pm, was fine until 11pm until a fat ass security gard that would like to pretend he was a cop kicked us off mall property so we drove around for a bit then parked near ihop and just watched the ramp to see if ppl were cutting us off becuase we were the first ones there. so we seen that the security guard kept kicking the other people out too.. eventually we met up with other ppl made a list then went to walk upstairs and there was all people on line already on the stairwell so we were screwed, when they let us line up near the door to the mall ppl came out of cars and every direction possible so i ended up about 30th in line or so.. but im home and got my phone.. but the itunes store isnt cooperating :( oh well im going to bed its 10:15 and im on 1 hr of sleep

espo

Hey man I was with you today and didn't even realize it. Were you with the guy with the accent (I think Russian)? I wound up 19th on the AT&T line, wasn't too bad of a wait since I was towards the front but the rest of the line is screwed cus it was going soooo slowly.

born4sky
Jul 11, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hey man I was with you today and didn't even realize it. Were you with the guy with the accent (I think Russian)? I wound up 19th on the AT&T line, wasn't too bad of a wait since I was towards the front but the rest of the line is screwed cus it was going soooo slowly.

which one did u get ?

nioted
Jul 11, 2008, 10:18 AM
It 11:15 now. How long is the line for the apple store. I plan on going after work but I'm afraid they will run out of 16gigs before i get there.

born4sky
Jul 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
Updates please

MacBookJim
Jul 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
It is packed there! Out the door, as expected. But I spoke to several employees after my purchase and they said that even if it stays that way until closing they will not run out by the end of the night. They are open until midnight by the way.

cynr4eva
Jul 11, 2008, 12:34 PM
sorry...I have no idea what the lines are like now, but they were pretty bad when I left. Take a shot later if you want, but I'd go tomorrow really early since they are getting new shipments.

P.S. -- Really noob question (I'm new to the iPhone). When I try to get an app, it says Apple ID and has a username and password. What exactly is that??

born4sky
Jul 11, 2008, 12:46 PM
go to iTunes>store>create account

evillageprowler
Jul 11, 2008, 01:43 PM
I live in Central NJ, and the Menlo Park Mall store is ~ 25 minutes away. I was wondering if anyone took any pictures that they'd be willing to post.

I haven't yet decided to get an iPhone (I already have an IPT, and am really eyeing the Nokia N95 8G or N96). Regardless of what I decide to get, this seems very exciting... I almost wish I had enough remaining youthful energy and impatience to wait on line like that. If I were to get an iPhone, I'd wait a bit until the dust settled.

Good luck, everyone!

EVP

levitynyc
Jul 11, 2008, 02:04 PM
I would post, but i really just dont feel like it right now as I am at work and it takes an effort to access photobucket from here.

People that got there at 11PM are nuts.

I got there at 645 and had my phone working by 8:10 and was back in my car at 8:15. I couldnt have been happier or more satisfied with how smooth it was. i was 8th in line at the apple store. We got free water and coffee.

I would imagine an hour or so later, things werent going as smoothly.

tjespo22
Jul 11, 2008, 02:07 PM
No i wasnt the russian guy lol i was the 16 year old kid with the blue hat on, white shirt

i took these photos
http://flickr.com/photos/tomespo/sets/72157606107042546/

cynr4eva
Jul 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
No i wasnt the russian guy lol i was the 16 year old kid with the blue hat on, white shirt

http://flickr.com/photos/tomespo/sets/72157606107042546/

haha, yea I was actually right next to u when we were outside just before going in. Good thing we got towards the front of the line, would've been terrible to have been further back.

Edit: in your pic of the security guard, the kid that activated my phone is talking to him. Weird.

nioted
Jul 11, 2008, 05:14 PM
just got here from work. There's about 100 people in front of me (correction about 200 people. People kept going in and out of line so it was hard to gauge). The line wraps around to abracrombie and fitch. The line is slowly moving every 10 minutes or so. I'm hoping they still have a lot in stock. The AT&T store must be out because there is no line there. Its 6:15 now

nioted
Jul 11, 2008, 06:24 PM
Its been an hour now and the line only moved shot 30 to 40 people. This is a far cry that apple employees could handle 100 people an hour

nioted
Jul 11, 2008, 07:05 PM
been here for 2 hours now. I'm halfway there

viggen61
Jul 11, 2008, 07:58 PM
been here for 2 hours now. I'm halfway there

Wow. I stopped by a bit before 8:30, The line was about 1/2 way along Abercrombie's wall. So it's still like 2 hours from there?

One of the Apple employees told me they'd be open so long as the mall is. I'm debating about heading back over in 20 minutes or so...

He did say they had plenty of phones...

:apple::apple:

nioted
Jul 11, 2008, 08:43 PM
Wow. I stopped by a bit before 8:30, The line was about 1/2 way along Abercrombie's wall. So it's still like 2 hours from there?

One of the Apple employees told me they'd be open so long as the mall is. I'm debating about heading back over in 20 minutes or so...

He did say they had plenty of phones...

dont bother, they closed the line 30 mins. ago. The line hasn't moved in 30 minutes. People are taking so long in the store. They only let 2 or 3 people in at a time every ten minutes. Theres 60 people ahead of me. I'll probaby be here til midnight at this slow ass pace

viggen61
Jul 11, 2008, 09:28 PM
dont bother, they closed the line 30 mins. ago. The line hasn't moved in 30 minutes. People are taking so long in the store. They only let 2 or 3 people in at a time every ten minutes. Theres 60 people ahead of me. I'll probaby be here til midnight at this slow ass pace

Yeah. Drove past the door about 9:45, saw it was as big as it was when I left it earlier.

Oh well. tomorrow's another day...

Good luck, and I hope you're not there till 12!

viggen61
Jul 11, 2008, 09:30 PM
Oh - if you find out when they open tomorrow, please post.

THanks!

nioted
Jul 11, 2008, 09:49 PM
Oh - if you find out when they open tomorrow, please post.

THanks!

store manager said it will open at 9am. Still here propably until 1am. Everyone is just pissed.

viggen61
Jul 11, 2008, 09:57 PM
store manager said it will open at 9am. Still here propably until 1am. Everyone is just pissed.

Ouch!

I don't know if it's to do with Menlo being one of hte mid-size stores or what. At least Apple says they'll have all models for the morning!

Cherry Hill is out of all, Freehold & Rockaway are out of 16GB (both) and Bridgewater & Marlton are out of 16GB Black...

Gotta find out if there are any reports from Short Hills...

nioted
Jul 11, 2008, 11:45 PM
finally got my iPhone a midnight. they just ran out of the 16gig blacks but I didnt give a ***** after waiting for 6 hours (thats ******** right, 6 hours), as long as they had the 16gig I was happy. So the moral of the story, NEVER AGAIN!! That Apple store must have sold well over 1000 iphones today easily!

levitynyc
Jul 11, 2008, 11:55 PM
What time did you get there?

nioted
Jul 12, 2008, 12:11 AM
What time did you get there?

around 6pm, left past 12am

nioted
Jul 12, 2008, 12:16 AM
Just a quick little message, they should have 16gig and 8gig iphones Saturday morning. It opens @ 9am. If you really want one, I suggest you get there at least an hour early right next to the Abercrombie and fitch and Brookstone entrance. They will be running out soon. There was at least 50 more people behind me and the store manager said we should have enough 16gigs for everyone left on line but only the white ones so that means they should have some left Saturday morning. They should have plenty of the 8gigs one. Well have fun trying to get your JesusPhone.

cynr4eva
Jul 12, 2008, 12:28 AM
well, congrats man. It must've been a painful 6 hours but at least you walked away victorious.

quick question: I know the battery life has proven to be sub-par, but even with 3G and GPS off, it seems like the battery is still getting killed. I have been using it a lot with the app store and all, but shouldn't it last me a decent amt of time having both off and not using video/audio/talk time? I'm just trying to make sure I didn't get a lemon. That'd be uncool.

levitynyc
Jul 12, 2008, 08:08 AM
Huge screen, Wifi, Bluetooth, Push email, all of these things are hell on batteries....urs isnt a lemon. My old BB couldnt get through an average day for me.

viggen61
Jul 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
So, is anyone still on the iPhone line at Menlo Park? Have they any iPhones left?

nioted
Jul 13, 2008, 12:33 PM
So, is anyone still on the iPhone line at Menlo Park? Have they any iPhones left?

Just past by today around 12 noon to get a case and there was still a line!!! About 130 people. There was a smaller line for people buying anything else other than an iPhone. Apperantly they still have some left.

viggen61
Jul 13, 2008, 02:28 PM
Just past by today around 12 noon to get a case and there was still a line!!! About 130 people. There was a smaller line for people buying anything else other than an iPhone. Apperantly they still have some left.

The website said they sold out of 16GB black. That wouldn't be a problem for me, but I think I'll wait until Monday or Tuesday when all the furor will have (hopefully) died down...

dancavallaro
Jul 13, 2008, 06:09 PM
Sorry if there's a better thread to post this question in, but since this thread is full of Jersey people, I figured I'd ask here. I'm in central jersey (Princeton), and I'm gonna try to get a 16gb iPhone tomorrow. Where is my best bet? I guess the stores I'm willing to drive to are Menlo Park, Freehold, Bridgewater, and Short Hills. Of those 4, has any one been slightly less crowded as far as anyone knows?

viggen61
Jul 13, 2008, 06:56 PM
Sorry if there's a better thread to post this question in, but since this thread is full of Jersey people, I figured I'd ask here. I'm in central jersey (Princeton), and I'm gonna try to get a 16gb iPhone tomorrow. Where is my best bet? I guess the stores I'm willing to drive to are Menlo Park, Freehold, Bridgewater, and Short Hills. Of those 4, has any one been slightly less crowded as far as anyone knows?

Go to the Apple retail store site http://www.apple.com/retail/ after 9:00 PM tonight, select a store, then look for the "iPhone 3G Availability" link & click on that. You'll see what **was** in inventory when the report was made.

Note: this availability screen DOES change over the course of the night, so your store might have what you want at 1:10 PM, but not at 7:00 AM...

So, check AGAIN in the morning to see if it is still showing as available.

After some point in the day (about 3 PM, maybe earlier) you can't check the availability again until 9PM.

I'm going to try Menlo Park tomorrow & Tuesday, then maybe later in the week. If I can't get one there w/o waiting on a 2+ hour line, I might go to the AT&T store (just steps from the Apple Store in Menlo Park), where, I'm told (someplace on MacRumors), that they'll simply swipe your card & call you when it arrives...

Addendum: Looked at the site at 9:50 PM (http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html?state=NJ. iPhones only available at Menlo Park (8GB, 16GB White), and Paramus (16GB White).

They'll likely get a shipment in sometime Monday, but either get to Menlo Park first thing in the AM, or call.

dancavallaro
Jul 14, 2008, 11:15 AM
posting this from my white 16gb iPhone! I got in the line at menlo park at about 9:30, got taken into the store at 11:45, and was out in 15 minutes. The line is pretty long now though, that would not be fun

viggen61
Jul 14, 2008, 11:40 AM
posting this from my white 16gb iPhone! I got in the line at menlo park at about 9:30, got taken into the store at 11:45, and was out in 15 minutes. The line is pretty long now though, that would not be fun

That's Great! Wish I could have been there this morning. Darned work... :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll get some in today. How far around towards Abercombie did the line go when you left?

dancavallaro
Jul 14, 2008, 01:32 PM
That's Great! Wish I could have been there this morning. Darned work... :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll get some in today. How far around towards Abercombie did the line go when you left?

Hmm, I'm not quite sure where Abercrombie is.. The line went back toward the exit, and then around the corner to run parallel to the exit, but when I left at 12:00, the line had not yet wrapped around again to start going toward the main mall area. I estimated about 50-60 people in line, but it was moving pretty slowly. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes for me to get into the store, and there were only 20 people ahead of me.

viggen61
Jul 14, 2008, 02:00 PM
Hmm, I'm not quite sure where Abercrombie is.. The line went back toward the exit, and then around the corner to run parallel to the exit, but when I left at 12:00, the line had not yet wrapped around again to start going toward the main mall area. I estimated about 50-60 people in line, but it was moving pretty slowly. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes for me to get into the store, and there were only 20 people ahead of me.

There's a mall entrance on the upper level of the parking deck. As you enter, Abercrombie & Fitch is on the left, another store on the right, and the walkway overlooks the lower level. The Apple Store is on the right as you enter the main mall walkway. When I was there Friday night, the line was most of the way along the Abercrombie & Fitch wall...

That said, I never did look to see if there were more folks on line down the main walkway there...

viggen61
Jul 14, 2008, 02:52 PM
Say, for those who have bought an iPhone 3G in NJ at Menlo Park (or other Apple store) - what sales tax did they charge? Apparently in some places, the tax being charged is on the unsubsidized price (i.e. $399/499) instead of the actual Over the counter price.

nioted
Jul 14, 2008, 04:53 PM
Say, for those who have bought an iPhone 3G in NJ at Menlo Park (or other Apple store) - what sales tax did they charge? Apparently in some places, the tax being charged is on the unsubsidized price (i.e. $399/499) instead of the actual Over the counter price.

7% sales tax

viggen61
Jul 14, 2008, 07:13 PM
7% sales tax

Just to be sure, did you "do the math" to double check? Just because what's been reported here is that the receipt has the correct percentage shown, but the amount was more than double what the percentage worked out to be.

Did I get screwed here? (Double tax?) (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=520868&highlight=tax)

But thanks for the post.

viggen61
Jul 14, 2008, 07:16 PM
Menlo Park is out of iPhones as of this evening. They **may** be getting a shipment in tomorrow. One of the employees told me to call.

Looks like I'll drop by after work tomorrow, about 6-ish...

I got there tonight about 7:30, and knew they were out when a) I got a great parking spot and b) their queue wasn't set up. Looked like a busier-than-usual Monday there.

Lots of cases. I kinda like the Griffin case, but Pink just isn't my color... :p

nioted
Jul 14, 2008, 07:25 PM
Just to be sure, did you "do the math" to double check? Just because what's been reported here is that the receipt has the correct percentage shown, but the amount was more than double what the percentage worked out to be.

Did I get screwed here? (Double tax?) (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=520868&highlight=tax)

But thanks for the post.

nope. Just checked the receipt and did the math. It was 7%. Good luck getting the iPhone and when they are activating it make sure that the phone has no flaws before you leave the store just in case its faulty. I heard a story where some guy got a cracked iphone and the apple store didnt believe him and brushed him away.

viggen61
Jul 14, 2008, 09:31 PM
nope. Just checked the receipt and did the math. It was 7%. Good luck getting the iPhone and when they are activating it make sure that the phone has no flaws before you leave the store just in case its faulty. I heard a story where some guy got a cracked iphone and the apple store didnt believe him and brushed him away.

Cool.

Yeah, looks like it'll be a bit of a wait. I'll try tomorrow, but I really don't hold out much hope until Thursday or Friday (I've a meeting Wednesday night, so no iPhone then...).

Worst case is I'll have to drop another $25 on my GoPhone to tide me over...

smacksx98
Jul 17, 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm planning to stop by Menlo after work around 6:00.. i just called apple and they said they have a few in stock.. so i might get lucky..

viggen61
Jul 17, 2008, 11:14 AM
I'm planning to stop by Menlo after work around 6:00.. i just called apple and they said they have a few in stock.. so i might get lucky..

Not if I get there first! :D

Good luck!

viggen61
Jul 17, 2008, 05:31 PM
At about 6:00 PM, there was a line, but it was already closed for the day. Oh well. Another time!

Congrats to all who were there & getting in!

smacksx98
Jul 17, 2008, 06:54 PM
lol.. yeah i got there around 6:05... next time.. =) wow, i didn't think it would still be this hard to get one.. I actually called them around 4:30 to see what they have in stock.. and they only had the 16gb..

how's the apple store in freehold?

viggen61
Jul 17, 2008, 07:23 PM
how's the apple store in freehold?

I read here that they had some earlier. I've not been to that store.

smacksx98
Jul 18, 2008, 10:37 AM
i'm gonna try Short Hill, just called them and they have healthy supply of iphones.. and they weren't sold out last night.. gosh, i should've went there yesterday instead of menlo.. =(

viggen61
Jul 18, 2008, 12:06 PM
i'm gonna try Short Hill, just called them and they have healthy supply of iphones.. and they weren't sold out last night.. gosh, i should've went there yesterday instead of menlo.. =(

Sounds like a plan...

thesage007
Jul 21, 2008, 12:41 PM
Looks like they received some 16G stock this morning. Availability page says only White in stock. Set system time to after 9 PM to view "real time" availability.

viggen61
Jul 23, 2008, 06:38 PM
Dropped in at Menlo Park tonight. Got the good parking spot (under the deck - it was raining), walked in, up the stairs... no line in evidence... walked up to the Concierge at the door, and was told all they had was white 16GB, and to wait for someone in a blue shirt! Waited maybe 10 minutes, tops, and when the Specialist finished with his iPhone customer, I was able to get mine!

No hassles, he fact that I have an AT&T GoPhone didn't affect me getting the iPhone contract at all.

And, right after I got mine, they started the line! Only a couple people there when I left at 6:30 tonight.

Out to the car, paired it with my Motorola IHF-1000 in the car with no problem, and now it's just syncing away...

I'd been checking the live feed throughout the day. I'm pretty sure Menlo Park showed all red last night, and earlier today. Later on, I saw 'true' pop up for all three categories for this store, so I chanced it.

Good luck to everyone else in getting their iPhone!