PDA

View Full Version : Keep Ipod music

Hushbull
Jun 14, 2008, 05:12 PM
When I receive my MBP in a few days, I'll be setting up Itunes and my Ipod very soon after. But as I understand, my Ipod will resync itself, thus wiping all of my music...correct? I have seen a certain solution discussed here before, but I can't remember exactly. ?

MattZani
Jun 14, 2008, 05:16 PM
If you have an iPod that supports it, on your current PC, set it to disk mode, then copy your itunes library to the iPod. Connect the iPod to your new MBP and copy the songs off. You can also use any Removable Storage.

Also, when you boot a MBP for the first time, does it not allow you to migrate files, such as email accounts and Playlists, and your files over? Im pretty sure it does, i can tell you tommorow! ^^

Hushbull
Jun 14, 2008, 05:21 PM
If you have an iPod that supports it, on your current PC, set it to disk mode, then copy your itunes library to the iPod. Connect the iPod to your new MBP and copy the songs off. You can also use any Removable Storage.

Also, when you boot a MBP for the first time, does it not allow you to migrate files, such as email accounts and Playlists, and your files over? Im pretty sure it does, i can tell you tommorow! ^^

Maybe?
Don't know, update me please.

MattZani
Jun 14, 2008, 06:41 PM
as i have said, i will when i get mine in the morning, in the mean time, maybe someone with a MBP can answer?

Tom B.
Jun 14, 2008, 07:22 PM
Senuti (http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/).

Hushbull
Jun 14, 2008, 10:48 PM
Senuti (http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/).

Thank you, thank you.

Mr.Noisy
Jun 15, 2008, 03:20 AM
Stop the iPod synching itself, open itunes, go to prefs and to the right there is the sync option, disable this to stop automatic synching when you connect the ipod :)

faust
Jun 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
Senuti keeps giving me this pop-up that interrupts song transfer. It concerns "dialogues" that iTunes may display, which none are. Any reason for this or to make it stop?